Mech Lore on Rangers... Please Read 09/26/2006 02:47 PM CDT
Hello, sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if I could pitch a suggestion to you.

Base info to set the right mind.

When a Ranger Crafts using mech lore, its a Tertiary skill... Meaning it is so slow towards learning, its sad. Since a Ranger is one who Crafts his own bows and arrows, it makes you wonder why mech lore is a Tertiary skill.

Okay, here is my Perposal ... and Please, Give me your input to see if its possible and if you could inplement it.

Add onto the Rangers ability (*And other guilds for their Specified Crafting items*), A Programing flag that would move Mech Lore to Secondary Skill Learning instead of Tertiary when a RAnger Crafts Bows and Arrows, and maybe leathers items.

So when a Ranger Crafts say a longbow, the crafting puts a 1 in the Flag Area and makes Mech Lore Secdonary... if a Ranger uses a Pyramid for Mech lore, it places a 0 in the flag and the learning moves to Tertiary learning.

This way, a Ranger will learn mech lore faster which would go with the Rangers way. Or the Ranger can use his pyramid and learn mech lore the normal slow way.

Thank you for your time. Ryohki ... Ranger

Re: Mech Lore on Rangers... Please Read 09/26/2006 03:16 PM CDT
With the Mech Lore split being worked on, I don't think this idea is necessary.

Last discussed, there was mention that each guild will have a "home" skill which they will learn at a primary rate, and still retain their existing bonuses (Barb with forging, Ranger tanning.. not sure if rangers have bonus on bowyery) and there was a huge debate.

I think generally the loudest voices were 1) demanding that guilds whose "home skill" coincide with their bonuses should have only one or the other, but not both, and 2) that the whole "home skill" idea was a huge slap in the face to Lore primes.

I don't know if the discussion continued anywhere since.

< With the speed and temerity of a pouncing cougar, a stuffed kitten ambushes you. You fail to evade, failing miserably. The stuffed kitten lands a harmless strike to the your chest.
a stuffed kitten lodges itself firmly in your arms!
Re: Mech Lore on Rangers... Please Read 09/26/2006 04:04 PM CDT
Can I have my War Mage flag for evasion to set it secondary if I'm working it in combat.

It's not a fursuit... it's a giant paper bag.

Lots more stuff coming 'Soon'!

http://www.zairius.com

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: Mech Lore on Rangers... Please Read 09/26/2006 06:00 PM CDT
Can I have my TEACHING flagged for primary because Dagreth seems to think 5 ranks per circle is appropriate in a secondary skill?

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.
Re: Mech Lore on Rangers... Please Read 09/26/2006 07:37 PM CDT
>>Can I have my TEACHING flagged for primary because Dagreth seems to think 5 ranks per circle is appropriate in a secondary skill?

Isnt Dagreth an Empath guild leader, and... ummm they are lore primary... Im guessing your meaning your top magic?

Got Body Parts?
Re: Mech Lore on Rangers... Please Read 09/26/2006 08:35 PM CDT
Teehee, no caffeine. Not sure what I was yammering about

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.
Re: Mech Lore on Rangers... Please Read 09/26/2006 09:44 PM CDT

<<Can I have my War Mage flag for evasion to set it secondary if I'm working it in combat.>>

um, can i have my thief flag for armor to set it secondary if i'm wearing it while backstabbing? :-)

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Mech Lore on Rangers... Please Read 09/26/2006 10:22 PM CDT
<<Dagreth seems to think 5 ranks per circle is appropriate in a secondary skill?>>

You were probably confused with Ranger's primary weapon requirement after 30th.

Range Master Dragamar, Recluse of Aesry Sulaenis'a
Brother Urio, Follower of Urrem'tier
Re: Mech Lore on Rangers... Please Read 12/28/2006 06:55 AM CST
with the proposed shared fletching and leather making, doesnt it kinda make the idea useless? soon everyone will be skinning, fletching, making leather armor, and foraging like rangers. why split the mech?