Container Size Appraisal 07/20/2006 09:34 AM CDT
Last night, someone gwethed in Crossing about a Gorbesh Catapult Basket. He wanted to know the going rate on them. I warned him that
there were the old ones, that held a ton, and the newer ones from Droughtman's wagon that did not. He asked if there was a way to
tell the difference. I told him that since they basically look the same, you'd have to fill the container up to tell if it was old or new. Which we all know is not very realistic when you're buying or selling. His suggestion was that traders should have the ability to appraise for size. I thought this was a wonderful concept. I can't tell you how many times I've sold a container (backpack, rucksack, sack, case, whatever...) and the buyer wanted to know how much it held. My only information for them was based on whether or not I had used the item and knew how much it held.

Thanks for listening,
Mellicent
Re: Container Size Appraisal 07/20/2006 10:59 AM CDT
Tack on a suggestion to get size estimates of weapons (particularly blunts and pole weapons). I know lots of folks have a hard time finding containers for certain large, wide, or long weapons. Would be nice if we could match a rough estimate of weapon size to container size. I'd want this to be open to all guilds, but I can live with trader only.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
>We are Rangers, all your releases are belong to us. ~ Sylvado
Re: Container Size Appraisal 07/21/2006 09:07 PM CDT
Awesome idea on both parts, the container size and the weapon sizing.

Yes I agree it'd be great for all guilds to do this (even if not a trader I should be able to look at two backpacks and tell which one is bigger), but would settle for it being a trader ability.

Anghmar
Re: Container Size Appraisal 07/23/2006 09:01 PM CDT
I don't care who gets it just... someone get it. That's all that I ask.

The only thing to fear is fear itself--nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
http://myspace.com/fearmaestro
Re: Container Size Appraisal 07/30/2006 02:32 AM CDT
>His suggestion was that traders should have the ability to appraise for size. I thought this was a wonderful concept. I can't tell you how many times I've sold a container (backpack, rucksack, sack, case, whatever...) and the buyer wanted to know how much it held. My only information for them was based on whether or not I had used the item and knew how much it held.

>Thanks for listening,
>Mellicent

That would be tight. So mote it be!

>Ainandil cackles at his daughter.

Love,

Father Ainandil, Cleric of Saemaus

>Nickels says, "They're hiding. They're in their magical boxes."
>Ainandil cackles!
>Gridaksma says, "Can't explain, won't apologize."