Watchmen 10/24/2015 07:58 AM CDT
I think it would be cool to have a martial guild that makes up the constables and law enforcement side of the cities.or even like paranormal/normal investigators in modus operandi. ranged from the typical patrol type skills to some van-helsing esque moves to deal with sorcery. A mostly in-town guild, their moves would not be so fancy as to actually break the law, but effective for apprehending a lawbreaker, not just killing them. an antithesis to necros and thieves, but not entirely white knight paladins or holy clerics, they may turn a blind eye if no one is getting hurt and no property is being damaged. most of what they need to advance in the guild can be learned in town, but naturally they would need to learn to defend themselves. investigations would be a good bit of it, their skill could be deduction, either a survival or lore skill that help them better figure out who and where the bad guys are.

it would be neat to have scripted events that the guild runs on, rather than being apart from their guild leaders, the guild leaders act more like a dispatch, they ask the guild leader for an assignment, and your granted deduction xp for going out and completing it, or trying to. letting other players work together on assignments would increase the social aspect of the guild, and also keep them closer together. assignments should not be hunting, but maybe flex spawning mobs, getting a kitten from a tree, finding out who dunnit, and all this. one assignment might be to stand outside a store or guild for 10 minutes just to patrol.

would not hurt to have another city-centric guild that promotes team play and is out to be do-gooders without all the spirit and soul malarky
Re: Watchmen 10/24/2015 09:09 AM CDT

> I think it would be cool to have a martial guild that makes up the constables and law enforcement side of the cities.

I would love to see this given to paladins. Essentially bounty hunting. Their disable spells are given a huge bonus against a target that is wanted within that justice zone, and they can drag you to the guard to collect a portion of your judgement.