Monk Guild 06/22/2015 04:06 PM CDT
Come oooon. "weaponless" combat masteries and Chi/Ki/QI techniques!
Re: Monk Guild 06/22/2015 04:24 PM CDT
Lore Primary NMU that specializes in creating illustrated manuscripts.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Calvino Italo
Re: Monk Guild 06/22/2015 04:42 PM CDT
>> Come oooon. "weaponless" combat masteries and Chi/Ki/QI techniques!

Barbarian. What you're describing is a Barbarian that uses brawling for a primary weapon.

I

Kneebiter Zhunee just arrived.
R>
Zhunee glances around the room and says, "Someone pull my finger."
R>
Kneebiter Zhunee runs west.
Re: Monk Guild 06/22/2015 05:39 PM CDT
>>Lore Primary NMU that specializes in creating illustrated manuscripts.

Approved.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Monk Guild 06/22/2015 09:02 PM CDT

Naaah, everyone knows theres a difference between FURY and RAGE and BESERK and FIRE of a Barbarian who wields his weapons as a force of nature, and the calm, focused, and refined art of channeling your inner spirit to strike at the enemies weaker points. It is comparing ROCK LEE to Neji/Hinata, almost literally. :P
Re: Monk Guild 06/22/2015 09:26 PM CDT
>theres a difference between FURY and RAGE and BESERK and FIRE of a Barbarian who wields his weapons as a force of nature, and the calm, focused, and refined art of channeling your inner spirit to strike at the enemies weaker points.

I think you need to do some more research on Barbarians.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Monk Guild 06/22/2015 09:28 PM CDT
>>>> Naaah, everyone knows theres a difference between FURY and RAGE and BESERK and FIRE of a Barbarian who wields his weapons as a force of nature, and the calm, focused, and refined art of channeling your inner spirit to strike at the enemies weaker points. It is comparing ROCK LEE to Neji/Hinata, almost literally. :P

It is not a perfect fit, but have you considered the monks of the crystal hand?
Re: Monk Guild 06/22/2015 09:31 PM CDT
>> Naaah, everyone knows theres a difference between FURY and RAGE and BESERK and FIRE of a Barbarian who wields his weapons as a force of nature, and the calm, focused, and refined art of channeling your inner spirit to strike at the enemies weaker points. It is comparing ROCK LEE to Neji/Hinata, almost literally. :P

It's all in how you play it. I'm fairly sure that you could make the kind of character you're describing, using a Barbarian as a template, by simply not using berserks. In any case, the last new guild required years of dedicated development to create, so the chances of a Monk guild coming around any time soon is pretty much exactly zero. If you want to play this monk-stylized character you're envisioning anytime in the next decade, you're going to have to do it within the existing guild structures.

I

Kneebiter Zhunee just arrived.
R>
Zhunee glances around the room and says, "Someone pull my finger."
R>
Kneebiter Zhunee runs west.
Re: Monk Guild 06/22/2015 09:32 PM CDT
>theres a difference between FURY and RAGE and BESERK and FIRE of a Barbarian who wields his weapons as a force of nature, and the calm, focused, and refined art of channeling your inner spirit to strike at the enemies weaker points.

>I think you need to do some more research on Barbarians.

I think he needs to do any research on them, honestly.

The name is deceptive (and harks back to ancient game design), barbarians are currently just 'fighters'. Berserks are a tiny fraction of their abilities.
Re: Monk Guild 06/23/2015 01:57 AM CDT
Or I just have to make a suggestion about it, and lo and behold in some years maybe it will come about.
Re: Monk Guild 06/23/2015 03:04 AM CDT
Real monks are warrior mages. Wind fist!

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Monk Guild 06/23/2015 08:08 AM CDT
>>Real monks are warrior mages. Wind fist!

Monks of the Crystal Hand. They can even do that jump up from prone thingy that all the real monks do.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Calvino Italo
Re: Monk Guild 06/23/2015 09:43 AM CDT
Most of the time when I try that I strain my neck. But it looks cool, so I keep doing it.