Nautical Guild 08/28/2013 05:22 AM CDT
Imagine, this guild could be broken up into three devisions. Seafarers, Pirates, and Buccaneers, a division strictly for existing Capitans of current vessels. As seafarers and pirates, degrees of learning must be achieved to progress in rank. For coding simplicity, one could copy the rentable ships in Theren and drop then in the ocean for training and patrols with NPC officers giving orders. These ships would not be for rent but be for strictly military porpouses including training. One ship per province should do. The pirate guild would begin on these military training ships and would come to a point where they all will have a choice to make, say circle 10.
Re: Nautical Guild 08/29/2013 10:10 AM CDT
Is this the sames or different than your mariner guild suggestion?
Re: Nautical Guild 08/29/2013 05:33 PM CDT
Does it really matter?

DR isn't getting any new guilds. And he just wants to be a pirate or something, but apparently all the other guilds are waaaaaay too restrictive or something. I don't know, I don't bother reading them. People making posts like this aren't looking for constructive critisism. They either want fanatic agreement, or nothing.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Nautical Guild 08/29/2013 08:32 PM CDT
They'd need to redesign maritime exploration and combat to be more interactive and player-friendly which would be a huge undertaking, but pirate is a totally legit guild idea. Honestly, they're one of the staple 'professions' for mobs, with seemingly no racial restrictions. And the theme of the guild is different enough from the current setup that it could mesh without really overlapping.

IMO, I don't think they have the resources to achieve something like this, but it's still a cool idea. I'd stick with 'Pirate', and not try to break it down any further. Maybe lay down some different branches of their expertise? Outline what they do well, what if any magical capabilities, how they would differ from other guilds and etc... Expound on their proficiencies.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Nautical Guild 08/29/2013 08:36 PM CDT
> Ask Yhur about Circle
Re: Nautical Guild 08/29/2013 11:38 PM CDT
<<People making posts like this aren't looking for constructive critisism. They either want fanatic agreement, or nothing.

What a broad and grossly incorrect statement.

Xixist loves this game and he's constantly full of ideas. He was just trying to share it and maybe evoke some conversation. But since you know better, I bow before your greatness.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: Nautical Guild 08/30/2013 07:05 AM CDT
>But since you know better, I bow before your greatness.

Good.

Devotion to and love for an item does not preclude the object of obsession being a 'agree with me or get out' topic. How many times has he suggested the same idea? At least twice, with pretty much the same response?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Nautical Guild 08/30/2013 08:14 AM CDT
New guilds are... unlikely.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Nautical Guild ::NUDGE:: 08/30/2013 12:44 PM CDT

Not the bickering folder.

1) Address the points of a post, not the posters.

2) Take the bickering to OOC conflicts.

I don't particularly care if you(general you)are agreeing with or disagreeing with the ideas in a post, when you (general you) start attacking those who are posting either in agreement or disagreement, you(general you) are going to end up with a forums time out.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Nautical Guild ::NUDGE:: 08/30/2013 02:03 PM CDT
>Imagine, this guild could be broken up into three devisions. Seafarers, Pirates, and Buccaneers, a division strictly for existing Capitans of current vessels.

I've always seen these roles as RP choices and less of something that would actually need development time. If you want to be a Pirate than make a Thief and give it a go. Likewise, if you wanted to do the more lawful thing there is always the Merchant Marine aspect of the Traders' Guild. And even still, nothing is stopping you from making a pure commoner with that sort of play style in mind for the future.

>For coding simplicity, one could copy the rentable ships in Theren and drop then in the ocean for training and patrols with NPC officers giving orders. These ships would not be for rent but be for strictly military porpouses including training. One ship per province should do.

Now this would still be neat. I made a suggestion awhile back in the ships folder I believe about having large-scale rentable ships. What your suggestion sounds like, would make this more militaristic than what I had in mind. As far as I know, ship-to-ship combat is not something that has been requested in quite some time and I doubt it is high on the priority list. I think we all understand that there are more pressing systems needing love at the moment.

Personally, I really don't see how this would fit in the game currently. After doing a lot of footwork in game, I've found that RP for nautical professions is at an all time low. With the plethora of vessels its hard to believe that, but I assure you it's true. I'm not saying that there aren't folks doing the sailor/pirate/buccaneer/captain thing; I'm saying that it's nowhere near the forefront of most people's interests these
days.

Work in the ship-to-ship combat area would, in my humble opinion, bring some of that awesome RP back and make player owned vessels more than just transport ships. But so would a really good pirate story which could involve some provincial ships, which to my knowledge, are already set up with armaments.

Overall, a fun idea with some interesting points. Though, something I believe is purely an RP choice and not something I could see as a viable guild.

* Zadraes was just swallowed out of existence by Elanthia.
Monster guild 08/30/2013 02:28 PM CDT
I thought a cool guild idea would be a monster guild, it would be an "evil" guild, more Braun than the necro. Armor prime, weapon and survival second, lore and magic tert. Ill flesh out the idea a little more just for the hell of it.

- Buuwl
Re: Monster guild 08/30/2013 06:17 PM CDT
Looking forward to this :-)
Re: Monster guild 08/30/2013 08:12 PM CDT
You know what's fun?

Step 1) Wait for a convention to roll around.
Step 2) Find the GM who's been on staff the longest.
Step 3) Whisper the word 'Bloodlust' to them.
Step 4) Profit.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Monster guild 08/30/2013 08:34 PM CDT
>>Step 1) Wait for a convention to roll around.
Step 2) Find the GM who's been on staff the longest.
Step 3) Whisper the word 'Bloodlust' to them.
Step 4) Profit.<<

See that;s awesome... forget I said anything. I love it.

- Buuwl
Re: Monster guild 09/01/2013 12:05 PM CDT
>>Step 3) Whisper the word 'Bloodlust' to them.

Hah, that was my first thought, too.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).