Death and facial hair 03/31/2005 11:27 PM CST
Can we PLEASE keep facial hair when we depart? I posted also in the death folder. We keep scars and injuries upon death, why not facial hair. Is very aggravating to get it where ya like and die, then have to start over again. It takes a while to regrow so its very irritating that we keep scars and not facial hair when we depart.

Thanks,
Kyetn
Re: Death and facial hair 04/01/2005 08:00 AM CST
Empaths can help with that ya know, usually pretty cheap if at all, it's the only part of the shift system that is somewhat reusable

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: Death and facial hair 04/16/2005 10:37 PM CDT
Unfortunately in Plat thats not always possible. Not enough empaths as it is, and few that actually CAN shift, and we're mostly poor so that doesn't help even when you do find one shifting :pant pant: I'm going to keep posting every time I die and lose my facial hair because I don't feel it makes sense, is fun, or enhances the game in any way.

http://www.wowway.com/~dgossiaux/simucon/ - SIMUCON 2004 PHOTOS!!!
Re: Death and facial hair 06/08/2005 02:35 PM CDT
sete doesn't charge in plat... though that's a gamble

*still pondering the meaning of shim*

You continue to instruct your students on teaching.
Faerstra is paying excruciatingly close attention to your lesson, staring at you in unflinching wonder and admiration.
Ravanos "I hate water" Covet Battlepriest of Everild
Re: Death and facial hair 06/13/2005 12:47 AM CDT
It takes many many shifting sessions to get a beard... not even worth my time considering how much I die ;) Truly depressing... I swear I'd pay a plat each time I died if I could just keep my beard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website!!
Re: Death and facial hair 06/13/2005 08:52 AM CDT
As a Kaldar my beard is a matter of pride! That said if I'm to keep scars let me keep my beard. If I can't keep my beard, lose the scars ok? The current set up makes little sense to me, perhaps someone can explain it. Anyway I'm sure there are much more pressing issues to code, but maybe a quick look-see if DRII has made resolving this issue easier would be great.

--
Ranger Hanryu _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, Sword of House Calibanor
(please let me fill in the blank, oh and vote Ssra for greatest GM EVER!)
Re: Death and facial hair 06/13/2005 09:22 PM CDT
Fight on man, but we the Dwarves of Stone Clan have tried for years with no luck.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Death and facial hair 06/14/2005 08:10 AM CDT
Heh, I've been very quiet about my one true fight (well for me anyway) since I know the GM's were working oh so hard on another release I though was great. Expect that to change as soon as this title buzz wears off. When I can finally fill in that blank as is my birthright I intend to campaign for beards . . . or horses, I can't decide which one yet.

--
Ranger Hanryu _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, Sword of House Calibanor
(I'll trade all my titles for just ONE last name)
Re: Death and facial hair 06/16/2005 10:14 PM CDT
How about bearded horses?