Short and patchy 07/28/2003 08:49 AM CDT
That's the look of my character's beard currently after 90 IG days (15 RL days).

My character is getting married in October (no idea what month that would be IG).

If it takes 15 RL days to go from clean shaven to short and patchy, is there any hope whatsoever that I might be lucky enough to have an actual beard by the wedding?

How could it only be short and patchy after 90 DAYS?!?!?!?!?!?!?! FLAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then of course I have to avoid combat and invasions on the off chance I get killed and then have to start all over again from scratch....so doing any training is strictly out of the question. I suppose it's a blessed gift that the facial hair continues to grow even when the character is not logged in because to be on the safe side I don't think I'll be playing again until October.
Re: Short and patchy 07/28/2003 09:55 AM CDT
SHIFT is your friend :-)

Also there was a beauty shop opened recently, IIRC, maybe in Leth? I think they can grow your hair out, but my memory is very patchy (get it?!) on that.

In any event, you should be able to find an Empath who could Shift your beard in for you. Check the Empath - Shift folder for more info.

~ Nutawa
Re: Short and patchy 07/28/2003 11:44 AM CDT
<<In any event, you should be able to find an Empath who could Shift your beard in for you. Check the Empath - Shift folder for more info.

Yeah, beard shifting is the least expensive of ALL Shifts, because it is currently not permanent. Like..a couple of golds cheap on the semi-standardized pricing. Also, because it takes so long. My character (female Dwarf) takes 5 beard shifts to get her to the longest her beard can go, which is "a long thin beard."

I'm more than willing to Shift you if you wish. syrath@stone-clan.com

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com

Nin showrskilik dabru dangig kvatha, "Derg ewn tharfe mate nin verdh suun nin kwin bowr, nin kwin bowr va nin verdh."
Re: Short and patchy 07/28/2003 01:43 PM CDT
>How could it only be short and patchy after 90 DAYS?!?!?!?!?!?!?! FLAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you not log in for awhile? I've noticed that you seem need to log in to the game to "register" a beard growth. If you're not playing much or playing another character and want to grow out your beard, just log in once a day or so.

Ruhrik
Re: Short and patchy 07/28/2003 03:56 PM CDT
>>beard shifting is the least expensive of ALL Shifts, because it is currently not permanent. Like..a couple of golds cheap on the semi-standardized pricing.<<

I'm against shifting on general principle but a gold or two would be marginally acceptable in order to have a long curly goatee in time for the wedding...so I might take you up on the offer.

Btw: I thought the beards grew even when logged off...has that changed? I remember once my elf had a mustache and no beard, I didn't log him in for about 3 months and then when I did he had a long stringy beard and a long drooping mustache.....