Beards 02/01/2013 05:34 PM CST
Dwarves should have the capacity to punch people with their beards.

That is all.
Re: Beards 02/01/2013 06:36 PM CST
I want the ability to head butt people with my bald tog rock head.

- Buuwl
Re: Beards 02/02/2013 05:45 PM CST
I'd love to cast beards at folks. See a shaven face, then BAM! instant beard...
Re: Beards 02/02/2013 06:54 PM CST
Nae mustaches

Nikpack
Re: Beards 02/03/2013 01:56 PM CST
This thread is giving me ideas. Please to continue.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Beards 02/03/2013 02:24 PM CST
I think anything that can be tail worn should have a beard worn equivalent.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Grand Master of M'Riss
Re: Beards 02/03/2013 03:08 PM CST
As a more realistic request, Dwarves really do need more beard interaction, I feel. Maybe unique beard shapes or styles in the same way Halflings have unique smoke rings.

I'd love to be able to halt or substantially slow my beard growth at a certain point so I don't have to shave every week to maintain that fashionable edge. Maybe they be waxed? I know this doesn't do anything to slow growth RL, but it's a vidja games and it's annoying I have to shave my character every few days.

I'd love a "worn in the beard" slot.
Re: Beards 02/03/2013 03:55 PM CST
I'd love to have a bow tied around my beard, or display bone beads or a bone threaded through the beard, mostly to keep the beard from flying into my face! Us female Dwarves deserve it! Of course we could always remove it from our beard and clout the male with it! mwhahhahahahah!

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Beards 02/03/2013 04:00 PM CST
Being able to craft and wear jewelry like the onyx and diamond charlie brown zig zags Thror wears in his beard in the Hobbit pt 1 would be pretty neat.
Re: Beards 02/03/2013 04:49 PM CST
>>Diminishedangel: I'd love to be able to halt or substantially slow my beard growth at a certain point so I don't have to shave every week to maintain that fashionable edge. Maybe they be waxed? I know this doesn't do anything to slow growth RL, but it's a vidja games and it's annoying I have to shave my character every few days.

IMO, this would be a great shift option. Currently, beard freezing only removes the facial hair line when you are clean shaven, but it would be great to be able to "freeze" the beard at any length/style.

You feel your Heart Link with a mug of zombie's revenge fade away.
Re: Beards 02/03/2013 08:21 PM CST
>>Beards

Abandon hope, ye who enter here.

Melete
Our choicest plans
have fallen through,
our airiest castles
tumbled over,
because of lines
we neatly drew
and later neatly
stumbled over.

(joke, I wish the Beards system all the best)
Re: Beards 02/04/2013 07:21 PM CST

Beard worn would be cool, but as a Dwarf I should be able to use it as a small container.

Railz
Re: Beards 06/15/2013 10:29 AM CDT

>Beard worn would be cool, but as a Dwarf I should be able to use it as a small container.

I've hoped for years to be able to weave stuff into my characters beards or hair.
Re: Beards 06/15/2013 12:12 PM CDT

> pull nest
You pull your beard in thought. The raven chick squawks loudly as your hand passes close to its home.
> l nest
Reinforced with pieces of copper, iron and steel wire, curly Dwarven beard hair has been tightly woven to form a secure nest. A raven chick, just short of fledging sits in the nest chirping happily. Three pieces of wire attach the nest to the beard, but could equally well be used to attach the nest to a garment or armor.
>

and it is a portable bucket!
______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Guru of M'Riss
Re: Beards 06/17/2013 01:35 PM CDT
Festival beard fluff (or LTB or other sources) might be a good idear? Obv women can want a battle look, and men can want broken hearts. Just some brainstorms.

Male
You see Gimgin, a male Dwarf
His beard is held securely in place by a worn leather battle strap.

You see Dwinim, a male Dwarf
His beard is tucked into his belt

You see Dwondi, a male Dwarf
His entire beard is tightly wrapped in a length of thick black thread from chin to end

Female
You see Caldri, a female Dwarf
A hair-thin platinum cord with little dangling broken hearts is weaved throughout her beard

You see Belnia, a female Dwarf
Her beard has been dyed fuchsia

You see Runi, a female Dwarf
Her beard is tied in a perfect pony-tail by a spidersilk scrunchy.

Misc
You see Gimni, a uni-sex Dwarf
His beard his seperated into three long dreadlocks