BURGLE Updates 07/23/2020 10:40 PM CDT
> Second, you can now be arrested for being too close to your inventory limit.

Could you elaborate on what this means please?

What is "too close" to our inventory limit?

Why does inventory limit impact chances of being caught?

Thanks!
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/23/2020 10:42 PM CDT
Additionally, does "arrested" here mean if you burgle within a justice area where you could be arrested and put in jail, or does it mean more generically that you could get "caught" -- such as in Clan justice areas?
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/23/2020 10:55 PM CDT
"Too close" is ten or fewer from your inventory limit.

"Arrested" means caught and punished by the law in that area.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/23/2020 11:02 PM CDT
Thanks for the clarifications :)
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/23/2020 11:45 PM CDT
Presumably this item check only occurs when searching? If you just go in and get out, it shouldn't trigger?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/24/2020 01:39 AM CDT
>Presumably this item check only occurs when searching? If you just go in and get out, it shouldn't trigger?

The check occurs when you BURGLE, not when you SEARCH surfaces.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/24/2020 06:43 AM CDT
>The check occurs when you BURGLE, not when you SEARCH surfaces.

I assume that the reason for this change is to encourage behavior to prevent character corruption. Any chance that could be changed to happen on the SEARCH instead of BURGLE, in that vein?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/24/2020 03:12 PM CDT
So I am confused..

If you are near the item limit and attempt to burgle... you will get arrested??

That seems... wrong.
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/25/2020 12:27 PM CDT
If this is a corruption/game limitation issue, it would make more sense to have you transported to junk yard if you're too close to inventory limit.

What's the justification for the IC penalty?

Jalika
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/25/2020 12:32 PM CDT
>> If this is a corruption/game limitation issue, it would make more sense to have you transported to junk yard if you're too close to inventory limit.

If I had to speculate, I imagine the issue is leaving the junk room. B&E works via microsegments -- temporary rooms that get created when enter the house and get destroyed when you leave. If you get (automatically) moved while inside, you can't be sent back to where you were. It doesn't exist anymore.

- I
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/25/2020 01:12 PM CDT
>If you get (automatically) moved while inside, you can't be sent back to where you were. It doesn't exist anymore.

This is the exact issue, yes. You can get sent back to a formless void where there's no exit, and be stuck there until the room gets reused by someone else B&E (which you may not notice as it doesn't message the formless void that it's changing), or until a GM can fish you out.

An easy way to tell if you're going to be arrested for the item limit, is INV CHECK. If you use INV CHECK, and get the messaging "You are carrying more than X items! Please reduce your inventory count IMMEDIATELY!" that's the exact same range that will get you arrested.

Javac
That one guy

Re: BURGLE Updates 07/25/2020 03:09 PM CDT

>This is the exact issue, yes. You can get sent back to a formless void where there's no exit, and be stuck there until the room gets reused by someone else B&E (which you may not notice as it doesn't message the formless void that it's changing), or until a GM can fish you out.

Right, but if the check is on BURGLE and not SEARCH as Javac mentioned, then it could send you to the junk yard before you enter the instance. Or, you know, just give you an error message saying you can't burgle until you lower your item count.

It just seems weird to attach an in character penalty to it.

Jalika
Re: BURGLE Updates 07/25/2020 03:50 PM CDT
>It just seems weird to attach an in character penalty to it.

I think this is the concern. However badly the problem was originally articulated, I think the concern is valid.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

Re: BURGLE Updates 07/25/2020 08:22 PM CDT

Yeah I would think instead of arresting you.. it just flat out tells you that you can't burgle with an inventory count that high.
Re: BURGLE Updates 08/06/2020 09:23 AM CDT

>Right, but if the check is on BURGLE and not SEARCH as Javac mentioned, then it could send you to the junk yard before you enter the instance. Or, you know, just give you an error message saying you can't burgle until you lower your item count.

I agree 100%!!!
Re: BURGLE Updates 08/20/2020 10:23 PM CDT
Even say something saucy like "You think you have too many items that would make noise and draw attention if you tried burglarizing this house."

Kaeta Airtag

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear