Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 12/03/2018 11:46 AM CST
Sounds good, I'll try to poke at it when I get a chance (if I can find someone to help and my front end isn't still all wonky in Test).

<<...only achievable by multiple different abilities used by different people. In other words, self-cast buffs will stack with buffs from others.>>

This reads a little bit different than early conversations about it, so I want to make sure I understand the intention of the final version correctly. It's not that casting on someone else has a higher cap than casting on yourself, but rather that you have to actually stack buffs from multiple sources in order to see the extra effect?

Does one of them strictly have to be self-cast, or could two different buffs that affect the same skill/stat from two other people get you there? In other words, do "buffs from others" stack with "other buffs from others"?

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 12/03/2018 12:20 PM CST
I'm also curious if the same spell will buff a person twice if it's from two people. E.g. if you have two WMs and they each cast Swirling Winds on themselves and the other.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 12/03/2018 03:23 PM CST
>>It's not that casting on someone else has a higher cap than casting on yourself, but rather that you have to actually stack buffs from multiple sources in order to see the extra effect?

Correct.

>>In other words, do "buffs from others" stack with "other buffs from others"?

As long as they're different abilities, yes.

GM Grejuva
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 12/03/2018 03:34 PM CST

Does it have to specifically be from another player or will sorcery work?
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 12/03/2018 03:49 PM CST
>>Does it have to specifically be from another player or will sorcery work?

Has to be from another player.

GM Grejuva
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 12/03/2018 11:16 PM CST

A few more questions.

1. Are there any plans to re-evaluate which spells can be cast on others, or will that stay as is? A few examples of self-only spells:
- Tranquility (Empath)
- Platinum Hands of Kertigen (Trader)
- Righteous Wrath (Paladin)

2. Are there any plans to introduce an F2P pass to allow cross buffing, similar to the one for GS?

3. Is this only for skill buffs, or will OF/DF buffs work as well (ie: rage of the clans)
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 12/08/2018 03:15 PM CST
As long as we're looking at team buffs, any chance Drums could finally get its targeting logic fixed? 3.1 broke all the pulse-to-group spells, and for some reason they were all fixed except for Drums.
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 12/09/2018 02:28 AM CST
>>As long as we're looking at team buffs, any chance Drums could finally get its targeting logic fixed?

I second this request! As a Bard who focuses on group support, the new change would be very exciting if my main buff would actually work on others right now!

Also I never got an answer about two different people casting the same spell on each other. Will that unlock the maximum boost? E.g. two WMs casting SW on themselves and then each other.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 12/09/2018 03:11 AM CST
I'll take a look at Drums of the Snake.

No, two casts of the same spell will not enable the extended cap.

Yes, we're planning to review buffs in regards to casting on others or group.

GM Grejuva
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 12/09/2018 10:37 PM CST

> Yes, we're planning to review buffs in regards to casting on others or group.

Exciting news. A few to add to your list.

- Tranquility*
- Aggressive Stance*
- Auspice
- Benediction*
- Blood Staunching (although that should probably be rolled into heart link when cast on someone else).
- Blur*
- Bond Armaments (could work like bless, see also ignite, resonance, and righteous wrath).
- Cage of Light
- Centering
- Clarity*
- Contingency (only on this list because I think it would be funny. Cast and then stun someone, heh).
- Claws of the Cougar*
- Divine Radiance (light effect)
- Finesse*
- Flush Poison / Cure Disease (probably are fine due to how empathy works, should they be made non-signature? See also Vitality Healing)
- Gift Of Life* (stamina component)
- Glythtide's Gift*
- Harmony*
- Innocence
- Iron Constitution
- Major Physical Protection*
- Marshal Order*
- Platinum Hands of Kertigen*
- Righteous Wrath*
- See the Wind*
- Seer's Sense* (evasion component)
- Sentinel's Resolve*
- Shadowling (kind of)
- Shield of Light*
- Skein of Shadows*
- Tailwind*
- Thoughtcast (gweth component)
- Trabe Chalice
- Turmar Illumination*
- Veil of Ice
- Y'ntrel Sechra*

* Has a stat or skill buff
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 01/28/2019 05:19 PM CST
So as a Paladin i casted a scroll spell (native realm holy) Revelation, which added 230 buff ranks to perception. I then traced a glyph of light ward, which usually adds 100 buff ranks to perception. But it didn't add to it. It just stayed at 230 buff ranks total. Is this intentional?
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 01/28/2019 06:05 PM CST
>>So as a Paladin i casted a scroll spell (native realm holy) Revelation, which added 230 buff ranks to perception. I then traced a glyph of light ward, which usually adds 100 buff ranks to perception. But it didn't add to it. It just stayed at 230 buff ranks total. Is this intentional?

>>Has to be from another player.

>>GM Grejuva
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 04/17/2019 11:53 AM CDT
Is this waiting on something before it can go live? It seems like it's been hanging out in Test for an unusually long time, and nobody seems to be talking about it. Personally I haven't managed to find someone else with whom to test it over there, so maybe a live release would provide a better chance at getting some feedback, if that's the holdup.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Buff Limit Expansion in TEST 04/17/2019 02:22 PM CDT
There was the possibility of a concurrent group buff review to make this more impactful, but you're right, no need to hold it up any longer. I'll try to release it this week.

GM Grejuva