Something new in TEST 05/04/2018 08:26 PM CDT

1. Melee and Missile Mastery give a massive advantage to the lower skilled player if they train a lot of weapons. I ended up with around 606 weapons and 750 melee mastery when my opponent had around 500 weapons and 550 mastery.

I'm not sure how much their skills changed. mine changed about 3x.

This ended up in a situation where I was dominating the fight.

They were a not very combat oriented and only trained 1 weapon.

I also had 700 evasion.

2. when your magics are boosted or lowered you have no idea what to cast your spells at. One fight I had 900 PM next 500 PM.

3. Stats don't visually change. From getting 3 shot I don't think my Stamina was boosted.

I really enjoyed my time with the challenges. Once this has been tweeked more and the balancing worked out I see this offering a lot of fun in the future.

Hope I can get on the test server with more people and I can give more feedback.
Re: Something new in TEST 05/05/2018 01:16 AM CDT
>>1. Melee and Missile Mastery give a massive advantage to the lower skilled player if they train a lot of weapons. I ended up with around 606 weapons and 750 melee mastery when my opponent had around 500 weapons and 550 mastery.

Things may be a bit generous toward the smaller person right now. But since ability slots, vitality pools and other resources don't get boosted, I'm tentatively okay with this.

>>2. when your magics are boosted or lowered you have no idea what to cast your spells at.

Non-defense skills are never lowered. Not sure how we'd address the other part.

>>3. Stats don't visually change. From getting 3 shot I don't think my Stamina was boosted.

Stats themselves don't change, SvS scores do. Unfurtunately a limitation we must work with.

GM Grejuva
Re: Something new in TEST 05/05/2018 12:54 PM CDT
I love this idea, and getting it right would be epic. I remember a lot of good times during the era of spars and tournaments in the cemetery with fun battles and people coming around to watch the fights or help triage.

Thoughts on the current version:
1. Overall it was great. The speed felt good, and I enjoyed the spars I had. There were some pretty exciting moments of back and forth from stuns and abilities!
2. I like the SvS contests (though I'm sure they need some tweaking), as they act a bit of a leveler and can definitely give the lower character a fighting chance (and a way to be helpful in a bigger fight).
3. OTOH, a few of the spars vs people lower than me that I won were pretty onesided. Not sure why... I have pretty high stats relative to ranks, or maybe below some threshold people don't have enough stamina to recover from being disabled.
4. I actually like that stats don't level up. In addition to having more abilities, this feels like a nice edge for the better trained character. However some small stamina bonus at the lowest end might be good.
5. I like that scaling responded to how I trained my character (rather then some skillset template). Felt very DR-like.
6. In spars, DFA felt super strong even snapcasting, probably as a combination of solo defense + poor evasion + defense penalty. Still fun, though.
Re: Something new in TEST 05/05/2018 08:50 PM CDT
My experience was pretty one sided as I was the highest char in test at the time. It seemed to scale somewhat fine if the lower person didn’t buff. But there was a LOT that was out of whack with that. It took and gave the lower guy 40 circles on me worth of skill. I mean, I get buff ranges and disparity between stats, but it was VERY heavily weighted in the favor of the lower person. Jhustis was there and took notes, but it was pretty crazy. Also... you can challenge someone and they can go hunting with their massively buffed skills. I could “buff” the other person via challenge and they could then murder someone else standing in the room who they normally would have no chance of touching. We had a lot of fun testing last night. However Perception is calculated for boost could use a very strong look. The lower person gained 400 ranks of perc over my stealth. And if watch wasn’t broken enough, it was impossible to overcome at that point. Since perception is literally the main and easiest way to completely neuter a whole guilds combat ability it would be nice if that got another look. I’ll be happy to step in and test some more tonight if needed.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Something new in TEST 05/06/2018 01:34 AM CDT
>>My experience was pretty one sided as I was the highest char in test at the time. It seemed to scale somewhat fine if the lower person didn’t buff. But there was a LOT that was out of whack with that. It took and gave the lower guy 40 circles on me worth of skill.

Was this just one person or more?

>>Also... you can challenge someone and they can go hunting with their massively buffed skills. I could “buff” the other person via challenge and they could then murder someone else standing in the room who they normally would have no chance of touching.

As I mentioned, this will normally be location-restricted, so don't worry about those.

>>However Perception is calculated for boost could use a very strong look. The lower person gained 400 ranks of perc over my stealth.

That means their Perception is much higher among their skills than your Stealth is among yours. I'll keep an eye on it, though. We could possibly lower Perception as we do the defenses.

GM Grejuva
Re: Something new in TEST 05/06/2018 11:20 AM CDT
It's kind of all over the place honestly. I logged in a few support chars and my cleric for instance was given stupid high magics but hardly any of his physical skills moved enough to matter. I've tested a few times, honestly it's hard to find people willing to log in and test. And yes... Perc is way out of whack, even more so with watch. I'd be happy to log in and test something if you want to tap me IG.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.