Re: Sorcery Backlash Rates 09/23/2016 08:19 PM CDT
Is it possible with enough skill to train off the the higher tier of backlashes given enough sorcery ranks and for least dangerous? More specifically concerning with magical inert and limb explosion.

My necro casted fireball for the first time a couple weeks back at 150+ sorcery and blew up both arms and hands, which left me really confused about how the "Least dangerous" thing work.

Even though I'm able to accept that it was just a % deal, that on top of magical inert making me loose both scrolls it's certainly made me feel like why should i bother with multiple sorcery scrolls that give me little experience compared to the free research to cap experience and seemingly same risk anyway.

This whole magic 3.0 and quirks keep putting me off from reactivating my moon mage too, since I've always conceived him to be a secret sorcerer.
Re: Sorcery Backlash Rates 09/23/2016 08:35 PM CDT
> Is it possible with enough skill to train off the the higher tier of backlashes given enough sorcery ranks and for least dangerous? More specifically concerning with magical inert and limb explosion.

Yes. I only ever get the bottom four backlashes: head bruising, nerve damage, stun, attunement drain.
Did the backlash rates change for research? 10/20/2016 10:45 AM CDT

Has something changed recently, or have I just had terrible luck?

Over the last several days, I've researched sorcery 13 times. The first 8 of those had no backfire, then suddenly this morning I'm backfiring every other research (2 success, 3 failed). Each one is giving me a head bleeder and severe paralysis.

Sorcery: 299 03.56% rapt (30/34)

I'm not sure it affects research, but I have the sorcerous feats as well.
Re: Did the backlash rates change for research? 10/20/2016 12:00 PM CDT
Sounds pretty normal. Researching sorcery is the absolute worst way to train it.

Sorcerous feats has no impact on research.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html