Re: Oath of the Firstborn on Test - Ranger Spell 07/20/2016 02:39 AM CDT
Nice spell. I really like the messaging for changing between weapon buffs. Only minor bug I've found so far is if you hold a weapon and non weapon in your hands, you can get it to give a abnormal message. If you start with weapon in right and non weapon in left then swap, you see yourself twirl both items as if they are both weapons. But if you swap the non weapon from right hand to left, the messaging is back to normal.

>wield broadsword
You draw out your stout broadsword from the duffel bag, gripping it firmly in your right hand.
>swap
You move a stout broadsword to your left hand.
>
You twirl your stout broadsword about in a graceful looping pattern to test its balance.
>swap
You move a stout broadsword to your right hand.
>
You flourish your stout broadsword about in a butterfly pattern to test its balance.
>get my root
You get a cebi root from inside your leather backpack.
>swap
You move a cebi root to your right hand.
>
You spin your cebi root and stout broadsword about in a crisscrossing flourish to test their balance.
>swap
You move a cebi root to your left hand.
>
You flourish your stout broadsword about in a butterfly pattern to test its balance.
Re: Oath of the Firstborn on Test - Ranger Spell 07/20/2016 03:13 AM CDT
I believe this is fixed now.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Oath of the Firstborn on Test - Ranger Spell 07/20/2016 03:24 AM CDT
One mechanically weird thing with the spell is if you have the same weapon buff from both hands. I think this shouldn't cause any problems but please keep an eye on this and let me know if you notice any oddities.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Oath of the Firstborn on Test - Ranger Spell 07/20/2016 12:15 PM CDT
Swapping with two weapons now gives two messages. One message showing both buff and a second showing the main hand buff. The buffs are working though.

>cast
You swear, "I shall protect the wilds."
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
Your words fill you with an unflagging sense of resolve and purpose.
You spin your sturdy cudgel and dagger about in a crisscrossing flourish to test their balance.
>swap
You move a sturdy cudgel to your left hand.
You move a copper dagger to your right hand.
>
You spin your dagger and sturdy cudgel about in a crisscrossing flourish to test their balance.
>
You flourish your dagger about in a butterfly pattern to test its balance.
>swap
You move a copper dagger to your left hand.
You move a sturdy cudgel to your right hand.
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
You spin your sturdy cudgel and dagger about in a crisscrossing flourish to test their balance.
>
You flourish your sturdy cudgel about in a butterfly pattern to test its balance.
>exp mods
The following skills are currently under the influence of a modifier:
+ Small Edged
+ Small Blunt
>stow
You put your cudgel in your duffel bag.
>wield broa
You draw out your stout broadsword from the duffel bag, gripping it firmly in your right hand.
>
>exp mods
+ Small Edged
+ Large Edged
>swap
You move a copper dagger to your right hand.
>
You flourish your dagger about in a butterfly pattern to test its balance.
>
You spin your dagger and stout broadsword about in a crisscrossing flourish to test their balance.
>swap
You move a copper dagger to your left hand.
>
>
You spin your stout broadsword and dagger about in a crisscrossing flourish to test their balance.
>exp mods
+ Small Edged
+ Large Edged
>
Re: Oath of the Firstborn on Test - Ranger Spell 07/20/2016 05:13 PM CDT
So I slept on it and the way I'm handling the logic in this spell is, frankly, dumb.

It should mostly work in Test but I plan to rip it out and redo it as soon as I can. Unfortunately "as soon as I can" is either going to mean a small ~1 hr window this afternoon or may not be until next Sunday/Mondayish (which is the same timeline for finishing Memory of Nature, the last outstanding project). What this means is that a 3.2 release is almost certainly not going to happen until early next week best case - which is for the best since I'll want to be around to monitor the release (Due to my actual job most of my DR time occurs on Sun/Mon/Tue).

This is also a large enough roll out that it's going to be asynchronous since I don't want to break all the instances at the same time. We'll follow the normal order of Plat --> Prime --> TF.

-Raesh