re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/04/2016 06:27 AM CDT
> Devitalize: Now a TM/Debil hybrid (Fatigue drain is a Debilitation effect).

In keeping with this, shouldn't ABAN be TM/Debil?
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/04/2016 07:41 AM CDT
>>In keeping with this, shouldn't ABAN be TM/Debil?

Yeah. Likely.

Paralysis is another weird duck - but it's weird Empath stuff so... I'm inclined to not look too close right now.

Let's make sure nothing goes super weird with Devitalize being a hybrid before I hybridize ABAN too.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/04/2016 07:50 AM CDT
When you say hybrid, does that mean rebuke will teach TM and debilitation on each cast?

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/04/2016 08:16 AM CDT
>>When you say hybrid, does that mean rebuke will teach TM and debilitation on each cast?

Contest and teach, yes.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/04/2016 09:08 AM CDT
>>When you say hybrid, does that mean rebuke will teach TM and debilitation on each cast?

>>Contest and teach, yes.

Are the two results independent of eachother based off of their respective checks? Can you get damage without knockdown, and knockdown without damage, or separate levels of success depending on each check?
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/04/2016 09:16 AM CDT
Should shockwave contest and teach both then?
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/04/2016 09:28 AM CDT

Regarding SV - if you're already at full Vitality, will it still train Utility?

Is Spirit drain considered a debil effect, or a TM effect? For something like SA/ChS.
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/04/2016 11:22 AM CDT
The hybrid thing sounds interesting, I'll have to try and check it out this evening. For the TM/Debilitation hybrids, do they use one of the stat contests for the debilitation portion, or is it actually running the Debilitation skill through the normal TM calculations? If it's the former, I'm guessing it would be Magic vs. Fortitude?

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/04/2016 11:24 AM CDT
I've backed out of the changes to SV, Rebuke and Devitalize for now. I'm a little philosophically torn about the approach as the examples provided show we're opening a significant can of worms here.

I think a better approach may be to make sure these TM+ spells are pure TM through making sure the secondary effects are clearly linked to the damage. That's how Devitalize, for example, is set up.

That does mean that Rebuke likely needs the knock down contest revisited at some point. I was already considering it as the current system is... not terribly fair (Which is putting it mildly).

Likewise, I just noticed that ABAN is set up in a very weird way that uses very non-standard mechanics to determine the spirit damage (Though the fatigue damage is liked to it) and I don't really know why.

-Raesh

re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/04/2016 04:15 PM CDT
I only use rebuke for the knockdown and never against evenly matched players because a tertiary skill-based debilitation is about as good as not having one in PvP.

If the spell is problematic in some ways from a dev standpoint, I wouldn't be sad if the knockdown component were split off into a separate debilitation spell if it got beefed up a little as a debilitation spell (a debil that just knocks down once is meh). I mean, there's nothing stopping me from shove-cast if rebuke loses that part. Paladins are far from swimming in debilitation spells, so it couldn't hurt (I don't think).
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/05/2016 11:44 AM CDT
I went to play with Devitalize on test and do like the fatigue hit.

Bug:
I did notice that the TARGET verb seems to be borked though. Using the target verb to prep the spell only preps the spell and does not actually target it. Even using the long form of >target devi 10 at wolf. Just wanted to pass this on.
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/06/2016 06:14 PM CDT

>>Ethereal Fissure: Now an AoE non-battle spell.

Can I ask what that means exactly? Is it not castable in combat now?
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/06/2016 06:26 PM CDT
>>DR-Raesh: Ethereal Fissure: Now an AoE non-battle spell.

>>Totliio: Can I ask what that means exactly? Is it not castable in combat now?

Non-battle spells have longer prep times and substantially longer durations. (Battle spells generally last for 2-10 minutes; non-battle spells generally last for 10-40 minutes.)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

sortable list of all Trader-owned shops and inventory: http://www.elanthia.org/TraderShops/

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/06/2016 06:48 PM CDT

Ah, I see. So still castable in combat id hope then! Sounds good to me!
re: 3.2 Spell Tweaks [TEST] 05/06/2016 06:49 PM CDT

Also - thank you!