Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 03/28/2016 02:45 PM CDT
Made a quick version on epedia for those who might prefer that (and we'll probably need to move it there, anyway): https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Magic_3.2

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/10/2016 09:08 PM CDT
>All TM - Fixed a bug that was capping damage too low. The cap will now mirror that of other ranged weapon attacks. This can only result in an increase in damage.

I'm not noticing a difference in casts to kill ratio with FST and Rebuke in Drakes. Are they a bad test subject for these spells?
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/10/2016 09:30 PM CDT
<<>All TM - Fixed a bug that was capping damage too low. The cap will now mirror that of other ranged weapon attacks. This can only result in an increase in damage.

<<I'm not noticing a difference in casts to kill ratio with FST and Rebuke in Drakes. Are they a bad test subject for these spells?

Are you capping the spells? If not then you might have been below the bugged damage cap to begin with.
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/10/2016 10:17 PM CDT
>Are you capping the spells?

I was, yes.
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/11/2016 07:20 AM CDT
I'm talking about the damage cap - NOT the mana cap.

This would only crop up in situations where you were already getting a fairly powerful hit, to the point you were bumping into the max amount of damage we allow in a single strike. Without being there to parse out the combat data I can't see if it's coming into play for you or not but as a magic tert vs lava drakes I'm dubious it would factor into most strikes and it certainly wouldn't factor into Rebuke in that circumstance since each, weaker, shot is calculated out separately.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/11/2016 08:50 AM CDT
Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks!

I have 100 dis, intel and wis and 869 TM in test (not augmented), so that probably explains it. I think that's on point for drakes going by what I see with weapons, so I wouldn't be seeing any [significant] bonus damage for the offense v defense part of the contest. That's how I understood it, anyway.
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/12/2016 01:45 AM CDT

When are we likely to see these wonderful changes rolled out? I'm looking forward to the warrior mage stuff.
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/12/2016 02:14 AM CDT
>>When are we likely to see these wonderful changes rolled out? I'm looking forward to the warrior mage stuff.

Best case? Next week.

More realistically? Two weeks?

Depends on how testing and QC goes.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/12/2016 06:40 AM CDT
I'm reading through the change log now. I don't have a magic user higher than level 10, so can't offer any useful insight aside from 'novice tm kill rat gud'.

I do have a NMU question though! Is there any plan to review them on a large scale similar to Magic 3.2? As far as I know, all NMU systems have been static since 3.0 (or earlier), whereas we're on magic 3.2 now. I'm just talking about the core of the NMU system, not specific abilities. Barbarians and thieves face issues not unsimilar to where Paladins/Rangers were/are, with strange regen/resource metrics.
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/12/2016 07:57 AM CDT
Hey, Raesh!

Would it be possible to tweak the Heavy TM cooldown down to like 15 seconds for a day or so? I'd like to do a bunch of testing to see how the accuracy and power feel but with a 2 minute cooldown it takes foreeever.

Mazrian
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/12/2016 12:04 PM CDT
I can't really speak for NMUs since they are largely outside of my area of expertise. There are staff members actively looking at those guilds but I don't want to speak for them.

I'll consider reducing the Heavy TM cooldown on test but I worry about that skewing expectations.

-Raesh

Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/12/2016 12:09 PM CDT
>>I'll consider reducing the Heavy TM cooldown on test but I worry about that skewing expectations.

Thanks!

Totally understand.

Mazrian
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/12/2016 12:21 PM CDT
>I can't really speak for NMUs since they are largely outside of my area of expertise. There are staff members actively looking at those guilds but I don't want to speak for them.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the quick and honest answer!
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/12/2016 07:27 PM CDT
<<I'm talking about the damage cap - NOT the mana cap.

No one said you were. I was suggesting that if he was casting the spells at a lesser mana level that would probably already result in damage below the old bugged damage cap and so wouldn't see any difference in damage output with the higher cap.
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/12/2016 08:18 PM CDT
Raesh, is there any chance we could get a chance to resync our characters between prime and test? There's a significant gap between prime and test for me now, and the place I was in when I logged in at test doesn't leave me great hunting options near Crossing. It would be nice to have a chance to test some things in storm bulls.

- Saragos
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/12/2016 09:26 PM CDT
I have no involvement in syncing characters between test and prime unfortunately.

-Raesh

Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/14/2016 10:58 PM CDT
I don't know if I've seen if there will be a spell wipe or not. I am asking because on my Ranger I have the Devitalize spell as my only TM spell. With the Ranger spellbook changes, he will need two pre-reqs for that spell. Will he just not be able to cast Devitalize? Or will that spell just get auto-unlearned? I am just wondering how that situation will be handled.
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/17/2016 12:37 PM CDT
I'm a little concerned, perhaps unjustifiably, with very hard hitting attacks on cooldown. My experience with alpha backstab has me believing it may become a situation where it's abused such that some people who PvP will use a heavy TM ability, run around for 2 minutes, use it again, rinse and repeat. I understand and like the intention behind having these sorts of "alpha" attacks, but I feel I'd be remiss if I didn't bring up my concerns re: how players use these things.
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/17/2016 12:40 PM CDT
Perhaps if Alpha/Heavy attacks had a longer window where you can't run/move rooms after using?
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/17/2016 05:14 PM CDT
That'd be a pretty hefty departure from the hit-and-run tactics currently encouraged for thieves. Being rooted after a backstab would be... hilarious? I'm not for it, hehe.
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/17/2016 06:34 PM CDT
>That'd be a pretty hefty departure from the hit-and-run tactics currently encouraged for thieves. Being rooted after a backstab would be... hilarious? I'm not for it, hehe.

I am but not seriously heh.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0