Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 01:27 PM CDT
Thanks for this! Always like seeing more ways for arcana to be useful.

Is there any chance you could take a look at allowing CHARGE and INVOKE while hidden while you're in there? :x

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 02:10 PM CDT
Great change - Thank you. Also, thanks for the changelog.

Samsaren
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 02:25 PM CDT

I <3 this

Morp
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 02:45 PM CDT
You are a hero and a gentleman.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 03:15 PM CDT
Concur with all of the above, great change, and great suggestion originally by THAYET. Thanks for this.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 03:22 PM CDT
Oh gosh! This makes cambrinth useable in combat again!

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 03:59 PM CDT
<3
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 04:01 PM CDT
True story: I think this was always intended.

Or at least there was a fragment of code already there that was checking your Arcana ranks right before applying the round time it just didn't do anything with those ranks. Looked like an artifact of Magic 2.1.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 06:27 PM CDT
>>True story: I think this was always intended.

Early 3.x has faster cambrinth charging on Ranks, and it was redacted during the whole balancing efficiency between Straight Cast / Harness / Cambrinth. Glad to see those arcana ranks doing something post 200 ranks though.

Samsaren
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 06:32 PM CDT
Thank you! Went from 9 second RTs to 4 second RTs.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 07:01 PM CDT
He flat charge just went way too far,especially when cambrinth also has the activation roundtime from invoke.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 09:11 PM CDT
<<Thank you! Went from 9 second RTs to 4 second RTs.

Sorry, was confusing my characters. Going back over the recent logs, I'm not seeing any reduction in rt from 4 seconds for charging 13 mana with 137 attunement.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/28/2016 11:57 PM CDT
Thanks a bunch, Raesh!

- Saragos
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/29/2016 12:27 AM CDT
Thank you SO much! I feel like a powerful mage!

- Navesi
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/29/2016 12:50 AM CDT
I really like this change, especially how it scales pretty nicely through almost all ranks of Arcana. Many thanks, its the small victories that help the most!

>> I'm not seeing any reduction for charging 13 mana with 137 attunement.

You probably won't see much difference at that skill unless you charge more mana at once, a 25% reduction in RT at only 100 skill would be very high. I'm seeing about a 40% reduction (round up to the next second) at 500 Arcana skill. Charging 13 mana I went from 4 to 3 seconds. Charging 50 mana went from 12 to 7 seconds.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 03/29/2016 02:27 AM CDT

Definitely digging this!

At 816 arcana...
> charge armb 50

You harness a great deal of energy and attempt to channel it into your cambrinth armband.
You are able to channel all the energy into the armband.
The cambrinth armband absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

At 1347 arcana...
> charge belt 50

You harness a great deal of energy and attempt to channel it into your leather belt.
You are able to channel all the energy into the belt.
The leather belt absorbs all of the energy.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 04/02/2016 11:56 AM CDT
>Is there any chance you could take a look at allowing CHARGE and INVOKE while hidden while you're in there? :x

Why, yes, yes there is. You can now use CHARGE and INVOKE without revealing yourself, with the exception of INVOKE BOND since things flying at you tend to give away your position. This is live in Prime and Plat, TF will follow soon. Thanks to Abasha for the quick QC this morning.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 04/02/2016 11:59 AM CDT
omg <3

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Charging Cambrinth 04/02/2016 12:02 PM CDT
That's a great change. Thanks Javac.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 04/02/2016 04:18 PM CDT

GAME CHANGER
Re: Charging Cambrinth 04/02/2016 08:33 PM CDT
My new baby Plat ranger loves this! :)

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Charging Cambrinth 04/08/2016 02:27 AM CDT

now if we can just make some way for making large worn cambrinth. would be nice to have to only wear big cambrinth doodad instead of being a walking flea market of wristbands, bracers, armbands, rings, earrings, necklaces, tailbands, etc, etc ,etc.

I can not really see the game breaking effect of a 300 mana battery worn on the belt or something. generally worn would be more useful.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 04/08/2016 08:10 AM CDT
On a somewhat related note, would it be possible to change the worn-cambrinth formula to make smaller cambrinth more useful for new characters? Right now, it takes 100+2*(capacity) Arcana to charge worn cambrinth, so rings are only useful from 108/110 Arcana to 116/124 Arcana. If the formula was something like a flat 4*(capacity), low-level characters could stop juggling cambrinth items quite so much, and all the different capacities have some use.
Re: Charging Cambrinth 04/08/2016 08:34 AM CDT
>>Right now, it takes 100+2*(capacity) Arcana to charge worn cambrinth, so rings are only useful from 108/110 Arcana to 116/124 Arcana. If the formula was something like a flat 4*(capacity), low-level characters could stop juggling cambrinth items quite so much, and all the different capacities have some use.

Odd as it might sound, I actually disagree with this. Firstly, Arcana doesn't have a ton of 'growth' to it (its better now with the RT redux). The charging worn is a nice milestone of progress, and lets be honest here, the rank req is VERY low considering.

>>large worn cambrinth

I heartily agree. I use 3 32s, which is fine for usage, not so much for pre-gaming for a big fight. With the paradigm having changed a bit on mana costs (Rituals @600 o_O) I'd say there's certainly a niche for some big ol' cambrinth. The changes on test to some combat spell costs help some, yes, however if you're staring at trying to cap spells like CL (150 mana).. yeah that's pricy.

Samsaren