Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 07:20 PM CDT
>>DR-Raesh: I've made a small update to spell scrolls. The first time you successfully ID the spell on a scroll through 'read' it will place a label on the scroll that can be seen by looking at it without any further skill check or RT.

Awesome!

>read my vellum
The faded vellum contains a complete description of the Refresh spell, which you are already familiar with. You quickly label the vellum with this identification.

> look my vellum
It is labelled "Refresh."

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 07:26 PM CDT
>>DR-Raesh: I've made a small update to spell scrolls. The first time you successfully ID the spell on a scroll through 'read' it will place a label on the scroll that can be seen by looking at it without any further skill check or RT.

All Hail the Doom Frog!

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 07:27 PM CDT
Too awesome!! Thanks!!
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 07:32 PM CDT
This sounds amazing.
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 07:51 PM CDT
If Bob ID's the scroll, can Joe then use the read label as well? I assume so.
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 07:56 PM CDT
Omg I love you!

Although... isn't it spelled 'labeled' with a single l?

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 08:02 PM CDT
My heart soars with this addition! Thanks!

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 08:08 PM CDT
Love this! TY!
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 08:11 PM CDT
>>Although... isn't it spelled 'labeled' with a single l?

Both are correct, though it looks like a single 'l' is more common in the US so I switched it to that spelling.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 08:27 PM CDT

This is fantastic. Thank you.
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 11:03 PM CDT
>>Badgopher: If Bob ID's the scroll, can Joe then use the read label as well? I assume so.

Yes, with the LOOK verb.

>>Absolon: Although... isn't it spelled 'labeled' with a single l?

British spelling uses two Ls; American spelling favors one. Overall, DragonRealms uses American spelling conventions, but every now and then you see some British spellings.

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 11:41 PM CDT
Very cool.

Though the label doesn't seem to work with BARK. Just wanted to point that out in case it wasn't intentional.
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/12/2014 11:45 PM CDT
>Though the label doesn't seem to work with BARK. Just wanted to point that out in case it wasn't intentional.

Rakash in moonskin may have difficulty, but the verb is READ. Similarly, HOWL will not work either.

I've heard conflicting things about LICK but my character is human and I can not independently verify.
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/13/2014 12:07 AM CDT

This is an excellent thing, thank you!
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/13/2014 03:37 AM CDT
>>Vchen: Though the label doesn't seem to work with BARK. Just wanted to point that out in case it wasn't intentional.

It does work, as you can see when you LOOK, but it doesn't seem to give the label messaging when you first read it.

Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/13/2014 08:25 AM CDT
>>Though the label doesn't seem to work with BARK. Just wanted to point that out in case it wasn't intentional.

o.O

I have no idea what this thread is about anymore.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/13/2014 08:30 AM CDT
This is huge for QoL. Thanks!
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/13/2014 09:10 AM CDT
>>Though the label doesn't seem to work with BARK. Just wanted to point that out in case it wasn't intentional.
>I have no idea what this thread is about anymore.

Someone was saying that the labeling seems to behave oddly with the scrolls that come on hr'lav'geluhh bark.

Then another person twisted it into a pretty good Rakash joke.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/13/2014 10:12 AM CDT
Wonderful addition, thanks much

Samsaren
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/13/2014 11:52 AM CDT
It hasn't been said enough, still, Thank You!

it's funny how the smallest changes can make such a big difference

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/13/2014 04:37 PM CDT
This is awesome, Raesh. Love it.

If it would not be a huge task, I would also love it if the label showed up in the TAP. That way I could do something like this:

>inv case
a yellowed scroll labeled "Instinct"
a yellowed scroll labeled "See the Wind"
a wax tablet labeled "Dazzle"
etc.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/14/2014 09:00 AM CDT
>If it would not be a huge task, I would also love it if the label showed up in the TAP.

I was thinking that this would be a neat feature, but then realized that it would be good so long as it was optional. Else you really don't have any privacy with the handling of sorcerous/necromantic spell scrolls. If it could be made to work like that, it would be grand.

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/14/2014 09:58 AM CDT
I think the current system is a good place to be at as far as ROI. I considered other options, but they'd all take notably more work to develop whereas this was like a 10 minute investment of my time.

-Raesh

Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/14/2014 05:23 PM CDT

Thank you so much for this. Its Awesome!

Annandale,
player of
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/15/2014 10:20 AM CDT
Yes, thank you very much for this update!

Now if we can only get a "scroll book" or something to store them like crafting deeds...

--Just a Squire
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/16/2014 05:54 AM CDT
<<Now if we can only get a "scroll book" or something to store them like crafting deeds...>>

Not sure if this is a request for the spellbook merchant or not...

Spellbooks currently function in this regard, and I think can store something like 50(?) scrolls

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/17/2014 11:15 PM CDT
<<Spellbooks currently function in this regard, and I think can store something like 50(?) scrolls>>

Really? I'll check into that. I was told that there's no such thing to stack them yet. That the scrolls put in a spell book would still add to the normal item count.

--Just a Squire
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/17/2014 11:32 PM CDT
<<Spellbooks currently function in this regard, and I think can store something like 50(?) scrolls

It is 50. The spellbook has to contain the "scrolls" leaf, though, which was an added purchase from the merchant, so not every spellbook will have one.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 08/18/2014 02:57 AM CDT
I don't believe you can remove spells (other than by studying/invoking) from a spell book. At least I haven't figured out how to take them out of mine.

Az

Azkaban UiNeill, Bard of Therengia, an Elf
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Azkaban

Letting it all hang out, since 312.
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 09/07/2014 01:25 PM CDT

Since we're on the topic of Spell Scrolls, is there any chance of getting a 'catch all' rummage option? I have such a mess of ostracons tablets scrolls vellums and the like, it'd be nice to be able to more easily know what's floating around. Maybe RUMMAGE /spellscroll?
Re: Spell Scroll Labels 09/07/2014 01:55 PM CDT
.scrollcheck <container>
put sort scroll in my %1
put sort roll in my %1
put sort ostracon in my %1
put sort bark in my %1
put sort tablet in my %1
put sort parchment in my %1
put sort vellum in my %1
put look in my %container
exit

Add pauses or matches as your type ahead and client allow.

Re: Spell Scroll Labels 09/07/2014 02:00 PM CDT
Also, INV SEARCH <scroll> will work as well, even with containers within containers as long as they're not closed.

Re: Spell Scroll Labels 09/08/2014 07:11 AM CDT
Yeah, that'll work. Thanks.