Re:Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 12:07 PM CDT
Is it possible that some of the messaging is bleeding over into spells that shouldn't be considered sorcery? I've noticed some odd messaging today that I've never seen before.
On my empath I got this:

You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
Your cambrinth ring emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
The force previously protecting you shudders as it is displaced.
The air around you shimmers with an incandescent radiance. The scintillating light writhes and twists, abruptly coalescing into a translucent field before blinking out of sight.
Emotional pain and exhaustion lingers in your mind, even after you regain rational control.

This is Manifest Force, which isn't sorcery. Gauge flow is the same way. I'm light on AP spells and didn't have a construct handy to test STRA. The native empath spells seem to be fine. If AP spells are considered a form of sorcery, then carry on. However, on my (very, very small) ranger, I cast Eagle's Cry and whenever something died, it gave me the same "Emotional pain" message. This is definitely a Ranger spell and not in the AP spellbook. This is probably a bug.
Re:Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 12:25 PM CDT
Hmmm. AP spells I just forgot to account for (Which is odd since I accounted for them in like 5 other updates I did at the same time) and are fixed now. I wasn't able to replicate the EC problem. Could you provide a log?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re:Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 12:34 PM CDT
Wtb new backlash where you get super sad from from emotional stress caused by mixing mana. You get increasingly hilarious messaging about how upset/sad you are. Then when you give in and start to cry, your tears are blue flame and your face pulls a Raiders of the Lost Ark.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
Re:Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 12:35 PM CDT
I am not fond of signature spell scrolls nolonger dropping, but i hope, there will be other ways to obtain signature spell scrolls.
Re:Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 12:47 PM CDT
> As you manipulate the streams, you feel a slight pop somewhere inside your skull. Oops. Almost immediately, a stifling sense of hopelessness overwhelms you.

> You are unable to let go of the melancholic miasma of thoughts that poison your mind. The world seems less colorful, and your troubles seem somehow more pronounced.

> Your vision loses all color. You feel your lip quivering as you try to suppress the inexplicable sadness that permeates your being. Your head throbs and burns with the toll your feelings are taking on you.

> Unable to resist any longer, you give in to the pain which overtakes you, letting tears flow freely as you sob uncontrollably. As if given permission, the distorted mana frequencies in your head eject themselves forcefully in a messy blue-black explosion of mana-infused flame. You briefly have a feeling of heat on your face, but as your nerves melt it quickly fades. Jets of blue flame erupt once more from your eyes and face, leaving only a concave divot of crackling, scorched meat where your features used to be.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide