Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 12:00 PM CDT
<<Signature spells will, by default, no longer drop. If the spell is ONLY available on scroll it will drop.

Ugh, look at you making more elanthipedia work for me again, lol. Now I have make another change to the spell template and categories and manually update almost every spell again. After I just finished doing it for the third time a handful of hours ago. :p

(The upside being that there will be more flexibility in sorting spells and abilities in case this gets changed again, so it's not all bad.)
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 12:44 PM CDT
I've got a temporary solution up at https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Category:Scroll_Spells which should list all the spells in the current scroll system. Assuming we have every spell correctly labelled as signature or non-signature. I'll be figuring out the best way to get all of the spells on that list to be in one table instead of having the signature spell scroll only ones separated out.
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 12:48 PM CDT
Here. Let me do you a favor:

Ethereal Shield
Ward Break
Substratum
Gar Zeng
Fire Shards
Ignite
Ice Patch
Geyser
Sure Footing
Stone Strike
Anther's Call
Zephyr
Tailwind
Swirling Winds
Air Lash
Air Bubble
Whispers of the Muse
Redeemer's Pride
Demrris' Resolve
Eillie's Cry
Aura of Tongues
Breath of Storms
Words of the Wind
Protection from Evil
Minor Physical Protection
Major Physical Protection
Soul Shield
Vigil
Auspice
Centering
Chill Spirit
Soul Sickness
Bless
Harm Evil
Phelim's Sanction
Divine Radiance
Malediction
Horn of the Black Unicorn
Fists of Faenella
Courage
Righteous Wrath
Divine Guidance
Sentinel's Resolve
Heroic Strength
Halt
Stun Foe
Shatter
Hands of Justice
Footman's Strike
Glythtide's Gift
Aspirant's Aegis
Sanctify Pattern
Uncurse
Huldah's Pall
Ease Burden
Strange Arrow
Lay Ward
Manifest Force
Imbue
Seal Cambrinth
Burden
Gauge Flow
Heighten Pain
Petrifying Visions
Obfuscation
Acid Splash
Blood Staunching
Refresh
Gift of Life
Paralysis
Lethargy
Innocence
Iron Constitution
Aggressive Stance
Wolf Scent
See the Wind
Instinct
Sense of the Tiger
Hands of Lirisa
Earth Meld
Essence of Yew
Athleticism
Compost
Swarm
Eagle's Cry
Devitalize
Stampede
Mental Focus
Clear Vision
Piercing Gaze
Aura Sight
Tenebrous Sense
Calm
Sleep
Telekinetic Throw
Psychic Shield
Rend
Shadows
Dazzle
Burn
Dinazen Olkar
Partial Displacement
Sever Thread
Tangled Fate
Arc Light
Tingle
Lightning Bolt
Fire Ball
Frostbite
Rising Mists
Tremor
Paeldryth's Wrath
Vertigo
Thunderclap
Y'ntrel Sechra
Misdirection
Rage of the Clans
Drums of the Snake
Resonance
Echoes of Aether
Will of Winter
Curse of Zachriedek
Hand of Tenemlor
Anti-Stun
Soldier's Prayer
Rutilor's Edge
Rebuke
Clarity
Dispel
Blood Burst
Siphon Vitality
Visions of Darkness
Rite of Contrition
Viscous Solution
Researcher's Insight
Raise Power
Vigor
Grizzly Claws
Wisdom of the Pack
Forestwalker's Boon
Harawep's Bonds
Branch Break
Curse of the Wilds
Carrion Call
Compel
Tranquility
Awaken
Unleash
Telekinetic Storm
Thoughtcast
Cage of Light
Tezirah's Veil
Sovereign Destiny
Flame Shockwave
Nexus
Shockwave
Soul Ablaze
Ghost Shroud
Revelation
Bitter Feast
Ring of Blessings
Smite Horde
Heavenly Fires
Spite of Dergati
Universal Solvent
Adaptive Curing
Aesandry Darlaeth
Hypnotize
Shear

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 01:04 PM CDT
This actually reminds me of a question I had... Melete's list of signature spells listed several pre-requisite spells that are signature but did not list some of the spells that required those signature spells as signature. In some cases this doesn't result in a conflict because they aren't linked in usage, but in others it doesn't make sense in the new scroll system. E.g. Focus Moonbeam, Seer's Sense, and Teleport were listed as signature by Melete, but Contingency was not so it supposedly still drops as a scroll despite not functioning for non-Moon Mages given the inability to use the other three spells. Is this just a quirk of the system, or was it simply that some spells were missed in the posted list of signature spells?

I can't seem to find Melete's list of signature spells in the easy to navigate forums and it doesn't appear to have been directly logged on elanthipedia, otherwise I would post a link to it for reference.
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 01:07 PM CDT
<<big list

Oh... You posted that while I was searching for melete's list. I assume that list then includes every non-signature spell that is not quested as well as every scroll only spell regardless of whether it is signature? I.e. if it's not on the list then it is either a guildleader-taught signature spell or a quest spell.
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 01:31 PM CDT
That was a list of every spell currently in the scroll system.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 02:05 PM CDT
<<That was a list of every spell currently in the scroll system.

Yes, but what I was getting at has to do with the way we compile that list on elanthipedia. Currently we categorize spells by signature vs. non-signature, and guildleader taught vs. scroll only vs. quest, so the scrolls available on scrolls is essentially two specific sections of a venn diagram of those categories. I just wanted to confirm I had the right sections.

I've gone through the list and fixed the ones that didn't line up, and it does appear to be the correct venn sections so that question was answered. Thanks for the list!
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 02:17 PM CDT
Signature is one variable.
Scroll is another.
Quest is another (Though I can't think of a case where a quest spell wouldn't be signature and would appear on a scroll).

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 02:44 PM CDT
Ignore my last post, I figured out what you meant. Now to decide if it is worth updating elanthipedia's spell template to match that variable set-up...
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 04:10 PM CDT
Damn it, you got my hopes up.

I was hoping this would be a post about Mo destroying magic.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 04:54 PM CDT
I like the sorcery messagings, neato. And Tert magic getting better always makes me smile heh.

Samsaren
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 05:30 PM CDT
<Further, the Harnessing Efficiency feat it will be much more useful than before.

You know, that raises a serious question for me as to what exactly Efficient Harnessing does, and I haven't been able to track down any other answers. Perhaps my Google-Fu is weak. Does it:

A) Aid only when you use the HARNESS verb
B) Aid when you use the HARNESS verb and when you channel into cambrinth
C) Aid both of the above plus extra mana put into spells, such as PREP SUF 50
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 05:58 PM CDT

The answer was C the last time it was asked. We just couldn't tell before because the effect was so minor.
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 08:40 PM CDT
It aids in the use of mana in general.

>>And Tert magic getting better always makes me smile heh.

I can't replicate this. Logs please?

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/10/2014 09:13 PM CDT
>I can't replicate this. Logs please?

>>We've normalized the mana efficiency rates for tert/secondary/prime to the prime rate

Inferred, no proof.

Samsaren
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 12:06 AM CDT
Any chance you could tone down the inefficient mana aspect of sorcerous TM? Unlike other sorcery, which is not really spam casted, TM is, and the current mana drain is making sorcerous TM really tough. It's not undoable, but it's considerably slower. I just picked up efficient harnessing at the same time this change went in with one of the newbs I'm playing with, and the attunement hit from TM sorcery is still brutal compared to before this change.
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 02:22 AM CDT
What mana mix are you using?

And it's suppose to be tough - the current plan is to introduce sorcerous foci (Which Armifer talked about in some of the sorcery lore posts) to help mitigate the inefficiency.

>>>I can't replicate this. Logs please?

>>We've normalized the mana efficiency rates for tert/secondary/prime to the prime rate

>Inferred, no proof.

I'm confused. There were two changes here - the first was allowing tert/secondary casters to be more efficient with their mana (They still have smaller mana pools as an aside, that's part of why we normalized it - we were double dipping into the attunement skill).

The second is the messaging when you cast a sorcery. I had an earlier report of a ranger getting the messaging when killing with Eagle's Cry but I can't replicate that.

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 02:36 AM CDT
> I'm confused.

Samsaren wrote this: "And Tert magic getting better always makes me smile heh." This was in reference to the mana efficiency change. You replied with: "I can't replicate this. Logs please?" Perhaps you quoted the wrong thing?
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 02:54 AM CDT
Ah, I misread the quote. I'd had the report of a ranger with Eagle's Cry getting the sorcery message earlier in the thread (which I can't repo) and I just misparsed the statement from Samsaren since the first part was about sorcery messaging.

Carry on. Unless anyone can repo the Eagle's Cry thing.

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 08:24 AM CDT
I'm still getting the strange messaging on Eagle's Cry -- it happens only when the target actually dies. I'll bug it in-game to see if there's any info behind the scenes that will help nail it down.
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 08:26 AM CDT
An in game bug won't help (Both because the bug server is currently a smoldering pile of scrap somewhere in St Louis and because it wouldn't capture the information we need in this case).

Could you provide a brief log of it happening? I replicated what you describe (Including the kill shot) and am not getting the same results.

Has anyone seen this with any other guild? Any other spells?

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 09:16 AM CDT
So i noticed Incinerate is not on there, didn't expect it to be, but is there an ETA (besides soon) for the Hylomorphic spellbook?

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 09:26 AM CDT

>An in game bug won't help (Both because the bug server is currently a smoldering pile of scrap somewhere in St Louis and because it wouldn't capture the information we need in this case).

So I bugged this a few times and posted once before. It seems like such an easy fix (Though I am likely very wrong lol) But the mental matrices Discipline buff is doing very weird stacking things and not lasting nearly as long as it should. I switched to wisdom cause i no longer wanted to see my discipline buff wear off 100 times over the next couple hours after training.

I have not noticed this with any of the other 3 symbiosis mental buffs. Just Discipline.
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 10:07 AM CDT
Here's a log:

A musk hog lumbers in, filling the air with a foul odor.
>tar ec
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
With calm movements you prepare your body for the Eagle's Cry spell.
You turn to face a musk hog.
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a musk hog.
>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a musk hog has completed.
>
The musk hog begins to advance on you!
The musk hog is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>cast
You raise your left hand skyward and make a forward motion.
With a piercing cry, an eagle formed of blue-green energy swoops down from above and behind you, streaking straight towards the musk hog!
The eagle swoops past the musk hog's abdomen, claws lightly grazing it.

Roundtime: 1 sec.
>tar ec
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
The musk hog closes to pole weapon range on you!
>
The musk hog closes to melee range on you!
>
A musk hog hisses viciously and lunges at you!
* Tentatively, a musk hog lowers its head, snorting angrily and charges at you. You partially block with a lava drake-hide targe with fitted seams.
[You're solidly balanced and in better position.]
>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a musk hog has completed.
>cast
With a piercing cry, an eagle formed of blue-green energy swoops down from above and behind you, streaking straight towards the musk hog!
The eagle swoops past the musk hog's right hindleg, leaving thin scratches.

* Looking as if this were a bad idea, a musk hog claws, swiping with its hooves at you. You dodge, stepping aside with ease.
[You're solidly balanced and in better position.]
>tar ec
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
* In a weak and directionless display of aggression, a musk hog claws, swiping with its hooves at you. You evade, bending aside easily.
[You're solidly balanced and have slight advantage.]
>cast
The eagle swoops past the musk hog's back, slicing thin gashes that quickly frost over.

The musk hog falls to the ground and lies still.
Emotional pain and exhaustion lingers in your mind, even after you regain rational control.
>

BTW: Since all I've done in this thread is talk about bugs, I should say thanks for the changes in this update!
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 10:13 AM CDT
>>So i noticed Incinerate is not on there, didn't expect it to be, but is there an ETA (besides soon) for the Hylomorphic spellbook?

You'll know when we release them.

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 10:16 AM CDT
>cast
The eagle dexterously plucks out the musk hog's right eye with its claws, snapping the cords binding it to its body! As the eagle soars off, the eye quickly freezes over before being mercilessly crushed between the claws.

The musk hog screams one last time and lies still.

Harumph.

I'm at a loss. Can anyone else replicate this with anything different? Different class? Different creature? Different spell?

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 10:24 AM CDT
Scratch that. I've managed to replicate it. Once. Which is even more infuriating.

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 10:26 AM CDT
I'm beginning to wonder if it's more that my character is bugged, instead of the change itself. I was on the ranger character working TM when the changes would have rolled in. Is it possible something would have snagged with it? (If it's not obvious, I know nothing about coding or how these things work.)

Anyway, it's just a weird thing.
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 10:35 AM CDT
Meh. Lets try that fix.

Still no idea why it was broken, but I've fixed the only part that I can conceive of being broken so it should solve the problem.

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 11:11 AM CDT
<<What mana mix are you using?>>

Necromancer with elemental intro TM spell. Then attunement hit tripled to 15-18% per TM cast. And that's after taking efficient harnessing. It's doable, sticking around < 20 attunement (because of regen rate) but it seems pretty brutal if Armifer wanted sorcerous TM to be feasible on a regular basis. As you said, I'll look for the foci to help here.
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 11:41 AM CDT
>>Necromancer with elemental intro TM spell. Then attunement hit tripled to 15-18% per TM cast.

That... doesn't sound right.

That's a best case scenario and it should have no where near tripled the mana drain. I just checked with a necro casting geyser and I'm seeing the proper decrease in efficiency compared to, say, ACS.

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 06:06 PM CDT
It seems like harnessing some mana consumes quite a lot more attunement now than it did before. Like something went backward with the efficiency changes, maybe? Magic secondary, and I have the Efficient Harnessing feat. I don't remember exactly what it did before, but now harnessing 15 in a Fulgent room eats about 9% of my attunement with 846 ranks. It feels like I'm eating through attunement a lot faster now though.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/11/2014 09:27 PM CDT
Hmmm. I'll poke around.

How about straight casting or cambrinth?

Harnessing mana itself? Or casting with harnessed mana?

-Raesh

Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/12/2014 07:04 AM CDT
Seemed to just be HARNESSing. CAST and CHARGE took about 3% of my attunement in the same room that HARNESS took 9% using the same amount of mana. It happened on the harness action itself, not on casting with held mana.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Mo' Magic, Mo' Problems 07/12/2014 08:13 AM CDT
Okay - this should be fixed now.

My apologies to everyone. The sorcery cost increases were incorrectly applying to harnessing mana, charging cambrinth, good stuff like that. It should only apply to the actual prep and cast now.

-Raesh