Origami paper or not? 09/09/2010 11:52 AM CDT
The paper from [Slafs Riza Rakstit] in Siksraja lets you start with the origami study but not continue with the folds. Possible to make it foldable? Or remove the ability to study?

> get paper from pack

You get a sheet of pale yellow paper sprinkled with embedded buttercups from inside your traveler's pack.
> study inst

You study your ram instructions and begin to fold.
Roundtime: 10 sec.
R> fold my paper

>
You need to use origami paper for this.
> study my paper
You study your yellow paper carefully and believe you could FOLD and POKE (destroys) it. You also notice that this is a crisp, unused piece of paper.
You need to use origami paper for this.
You study your yellow paper carefully and believe you could FOLD and POKE (destroys) it. You also notice that the paper is an unfinished ram.

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Jalika, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you. You are free to go. Guards, please return this woman's things.
Re: Origami paper or not? 09/09/2010 02:36 PM CDT
That paper is for writing on.

:)

__
AIM: Ysselt
Re: Origami paper or not? 09/09/2010 05:01 PM CDT
Yes, but why can I do just one fold?

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Jalika, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you. You are free to go. Guards, please return this woman's things.
Re: Origami paper or not? 09/09/2010 06:18 PM CDT
Folding a note in half to give it someone? I haven't tried, maybe you can write on the outside, to make it more pseudo letter like.

__
AIM: Ysselt
Re: Origami paper or not? 09/09/2010 11:27 PM CDT
>You study your ram instructions and begin to fold.

That is just the message for studying the instructions. Even though it says you begin to fold, you don't.

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Origami paper or not? 09/12/2010 12:25 PM CDT
>That is just the message for studying the instructions. Even though it says you begin to fold, you don't.

Then change messaging? My point was it just doesn't make sense.
J

Re: Origami paper or not? 09/12/2010 01:26 PM CDT
>>That is just the message for studying the instructions. Even though it says you begin to fold, you don't.

I just tested it, this is wrong. You do fold the paper, and you do learn scholarship. After you fold it once, if you try to study the instructions again you get:

"You've already started to make something with this piece of origami paper. If you want to make something new, you'll need a fresh piece."

It looks like it's a bug with origami, that the first fold only checks that you have "paper" in your hands, and then all successive folds check that you actually have "origami paper". It's not a game breaking bug or anything since you can only study the instructions once (and those papers cost way more than origami paper), but it is obviously a bug

Apu