Origami and conservation of mass 02/08/2010 03:06 PM CST
I know we shouldn't have real world expectations in DR, but is there any chance that a paper envelope's weight could reflect the weight of the paper inside, and be adjusted as the paper gets pulled out? My burden has gone up after doing 70+ first folds while training scholarship.
Re: Origami and conservation of mass 02/08/2010 03:18 PM CST
>>I know we shouldn't have real world expectations in DR, but is there any chance that a paper envelope's weight could reflect the weight of the paper inside, and be adjusted as the paper gets pulled out? My burden has gone up after doing 70+ first folds while training scholarship.

My guess is it does, and the envelopes treat 100 paper sheets as < 100 stones. Where as 100 paper sheets will likely = 100 stones (minimum weight of an item is 1 stone, not fractional).

Just my guess.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: Origami and conservation of mass 02/08/2010 04:18 PM CST
DR doesn't have conservation of mass. I don't really want envelopes to weigh 10x more than they already do. My advice is not to train scholarship like that. Or discard the paper.
Re: Origami and conservation of mass 02/11/2010 07:20 PM CST
Think if you poke the paper twice it'll destroy it. So just add that to your script. Couple days late, but that should help? Maybe?
Re: Origami and conservation of mass 02/12/2010 10:15 AM CST
My typical routine has been to use two scripts for origami, first one does first folds and checks scholarship experience, ending when mind locked. Option to stow or poke(hate throwing away the mech lore exp so usually stow). Second script makes remaining folds and checks mech lore. My workaround is to get scholarship moving to middle mind states with compendiums, then finish off with origami. I end up with around 20 sheets of paper this way and is managable.