Need data 02/16/2009 01:25 PM CST
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Origami

I updated the Elanthipedia entry for origami, but the table for the "new" instructions is still pretty sparse. Anybody who has more data than I do (Gent? Madas?) please help fill it in. If you don't know how just post it here and I'll do it. Thanks.

-Azhag
Re: Need data 02/16/2009 04:48 PM CST
I have a spreadsheet that works the old patterns in with the new patterns, based on Apu's rating scale.

However I haven't confirmed all the new numbers, so I'm not going to edit the wiki with those numbers. I've added in numbers for those patterns that I have confirmed.

There are some anomalies with the new patterns, they don't all fit in the chart nicely, which I'm still trying to figure out.

We just need more people to help fill in the chart with fresh data.

Thanks
GENT
Re: Need data 02/16/2009 04:51 PM CST
What we really need is a shop to sell the new patterns.
Re: Need data 02/16/2009 06:58 PM CST
I'm just going to give you guys some info here and you can plug numbers as needed. Keeping up with stealing info is about as much as I can manage for now.

SF - 518
FF - 411

You glance at the heron instructions, and recognize this as a very easy project. You could probably fold it with your eyes closed; it certainly wouldn't be any kind of a challenge. You think it fairly obvious where the first fold would go.

You read quickly through the shark instructions. You find that you recognize almost all of the folds, and think that you could probably make this without too much trouble. You think it fairly obvious where the first fold would go.

You slowly read through the ram instructions, pausing frequently to puzzle out a complicated fold. You might be able to do this if you're lucky, but you wouldn't take any bets on it. You think it fairly obvious where the first fold would go.

You read through the albatross instructions and your eyes nearly cross. There are folds you've never heard of here, and you get a strong impression that trying this would be a waste of origami paper. You think it fairly obvious where the first fold would go.

You read through the kingsnake instructions and your eyes nearly cross. There are folds you've never heard of here, and you get a strong impression that trying this would be a waste of origami paper. Now if only you could figure out where to place the first fold.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: Need data 02/16/2009 08:33 PM CST
Thanks, Jalika. If you could, post what happens with Albatross at 425 FF and with Kingsnake at 525 SF.

-Azhag