Alternate methods for training 11/07/2006 01:46 AM CST
So i'm aware that oragami is the most effective way to train mech lore. I have my reasons for not wanting to use it, and also reasons for not wanting to fletch bows and arrows for mech as well. I'm looking for ideas on other ways to train mech lore into 200+ ranks. I currently use crushing certain challenging herbs, and it works just fine, but i'd still like to see what other options are out there if there are any. So, aside from oragami, fletching, and crushing herbs, is there any other way for a moon mage to train mech lore into adept ranks, or have i already covered them?
Re: Alternate methods for training 11/07/2006 05:32 AM CST
Try carving burin handles. Can make em from oak limbs.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Alternate methods for training 11/07/2006 06:22 AM CST
Pyramids

Strangeguard
Re: Alternate methods for training 11/07/2006 06:35 AM CST
Carving bones should teach also. Not sure how well it will teach at those levels but it should be ok. Also teach astro, so 2 for 1.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
>However, elements of the Solomon junta still control the hills outside the capital. - Armifer
Re: Alternate methods for training 11/07/2006 07:21 AM CST
Forging may still work at those levels.
Re: Alternate methods for training 11/07/2006 06:33 PM CST
I'd second the carving bones suggestion. They work just fine for a very long time and extra astro is very nice.

~~Dhimani.
Re: Alternate methods for training 11/09/2006 09:40 PM CST
Yep, go with the bones. I find I'll actually lock mech quicker w/them than with origami, not to mention a likely lock of astro.

Lyseeth