A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 08:36 AM CDT
I have been away for some time (2 years). I am pretty familiar with the origami process and with what level I should be folding. However, a few questions:

1. Where nowadays can I buy origami paper? I live in Rossmans.

2. Is origami still the best way to learn ML?

3. What is up with the envelope? I hope I do not have to buy individual pieces of paper anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Madigan
Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 08:41 AM CDT
>>Origami questions

Things have changed a little from when you were last here.

1 - Paper is available in Leth Deriel, Ratha, and Aesry. Is there one on Mer'Kresh, I don't remember.

2 - It remains one of the top ways to learn ML to a fairly high level, although expensive.

3 - You can still buy pieces of paper, but envelopes are much simpler. They come in packets if different ammount of sheets per envelope. I usually just buy the 100 sheet envelope. The Ratha shop has envelopes with fancy colored paper for more money.

Welcome back

Player of a few too many

Pol-i-tics (pol-i-tiks) n. 1. "Poli" meaning many. 2. "Tics" meaning blood-sucking insects.
Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 08:46 AM CDT
I believe a shop exists both in Leth and Ratha for buying origami paper and envelopes. You can buy individual uncolored paper, individual colored paper, envelopes holding increments of uncolored paper and envelopes holding increments of colored paper.

Uncolored paper is cheapest, and best for just working mech lore. Be sure to buy a primer (a collection of instructions), or an instruction that matches the difficulty of the origami you wish to fold. You can wear the envelopes (I usually buy the 100 packs) and pull paper from the envelope to remove it. Paper cannot ever be put back into an envelope.

Read the instructions to make the first fold in your paper, then fold my <origami pattern> to keep folding. If you have enough scholarship/intel you'll successfully make the first fold. If you have ebough agility/mech lore you'll succeed in later folding.

A good site exists than can calculate exactly what kind of origami you need. Here it is http://www.drveii.com/info.html#origamicalc

If I have gotten anything wrong I am certain someone will correct me :)

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 09:23 AM CDT
There is a shop on Mer'Kresh as well. Just confirming. Shame there isn't one out your way that I know of.

~Eoworfinia~
A snow goblin reaches down and gently pets your corpse, then quickly looks about to make sure no one noticed.
Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 09:26 AM CDT
Although it's only as reliable as the weather for non sun beseachers, pyramids are a great way to work mech.

~Purehand
Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 09:38 AM CDT
There's an origami shop on Mer'Kresh and a tent on M'riss that sells envelopes.

Welcome back!

~Dulcinia

"Let me give ya a quick mental, A cozy Inn....doors locked....a bard outside the window playing some mood music....some scented candels....a couple glasses of wine....you..me both butt naked and a jar of gortog scalp wax." -- Jrendel
Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 09:40 AM CDT
Also, Ratha doesn't have envelopes of plain colored paper. Aesry does though.

Range Master Dragamar, Recluse of Aesry Sulaenis'a
Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 10:09 AM CDT
Dulcina! Good to see you.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Looks like a trip to the Leth for me.

Now, where in the world should I post questions about learning instruments. Now, that is one area that has changed considerably.

Madigan
Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 10:13 AM CDT
You too Madigan!

Sorry I can't help with the instruments. I'm totally confused about them myself and have decided to concentrate on killing things for awhile. If you feel like being poloh'izh bait, give me a holler.

~Dulcinia

"Let me give ya a quick mental, A cozy Inn....doors locked....a bard outside the window playing some mood music....some scented candels....a couple glasses of wine....you..me both butt naked and a jar of gortog scalp wax." -- Jrendel
Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 10:47 AM CDT
Polo's love me...my armor crunches when they kill me...or so I am told. I will be making a round to the islands to see long lost friends, I will drop you a line when I land.

Madigan
Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 10:48 AM CDT
Sounds great. And if you need a lift out here, I could help with that also. (I need protection from Jrendel.)

~Dulcinia

Re: A Couple of Questions 09/11/2006 03:05 PM CDT
<<Now, where in the world should I post questions about learning instruments. Now, that is one area that has changed considerably.>>

Come on over to the world of Bards and we can help with instruments. Best way to start is just to type 'play' while in game and this will give you the first (and most important) part of the new play re-write. Also I think it should be on the DR home page a few posts down...

Me 'n Him