Starting ranks question 01/29/2006 05:01 PM CST
I created a new char recently. How many ranks you need to have before origami can be used to train mech on a regular basis?

Balshan
Re: Starting ranks question 01/29/2006 05:45 PM CST
I counted gweth stones till 45 or so ranks and by then, if I remember correctly, I had passed Dragon clear over. Get a primer and try Dragon. As long as your intelligence is high enough to understand it you should be able to start with origami rather early on.

Malkien the Barbarian has already been to the moon: that's why there are no signs of life there.
Apis the Cleric's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Re: Starting ranks question 01/29/2006 08:50 PM CST
I always kind of liked braiding vines and grass until 100 ranks. Teaches appraisal okay at the same time. I actually take my characters to 120 with that, then switch over to origami, but that's really stretching it out(i'm cheap).

~Purehand
Re: Starting ranks question 01/30/2006 01:08 AM CST
Yeah. I have 110 ranks and I can still move mech by braiding grass. The question, though, was 'when is the earliest I can start origami,' not 'when should I start origami.' I was sort of assuming money was not a concern due to a generous 'big brother.'

Malkien the Barbarian has already been to the moon: that's why there are no signs of life there.
Apis the Cleric's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.