Primer problem? 11/20/2005 02:56 PM CST
Ok, I havent been using origami in a week or two, used to use it ALL the time. Multiple times a day. All of a sudden, when I went to use my origami script, it wont do the first fold. When I go to study the fish instructions, I just take on a studious look. Holding paper and primer in hand, since my normal wasnt working... I cant even read the instructions without folding it, even though the primer says I can. Can anyone help me out?
Re: Primer problem? 11/20/2005 03:56 PM CST
>>study fish instr in primer in (pouch/sack/backpack)

or if your holding the primer

>>study fish instr in primer

~Dalkin~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: Primer problem? 11/20/2005 09:59 PM CST
study fish instr in primer in cloak
You take on a studious look.
>
>get primer
>
You get an origami primer from inside your shadowsilk cloak.
>
>study fish instr in primer
You take on a studious look.

Thats what my script does, yet its not working for me.

>glance
You glance down to see a piece of plain origami paper in your right hand and an origami primer in your left hand.
Re: Primer problem? 11/21/2005 07:18 AM CST
heh, next question, you lookin at the right primer with the actual fish instructions in it? ::grins:: I've done that a time or two. Different primers have different instructions. Just a thought.

This book contains instructions for five figures, and covers a wide range of difficulty, from beginner to more advanced patterns. They are, in order of difficulty:

a hat
a star
a flower
a fish
a medallion

Not sure if you have the right primer or not, but mine's working, granted I can't fold the fish yet, I'm at the flower...heh...man that sucks though that your's aren't working? Do origami primers get old and worn? Like patterns after so long? could be another thought? I'm not certain my self at all. Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

~Dalkin~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: Primer problem? 11/21/2005 08:38 AM CST
Primers don't get worn out, as far as I can tell, after some 250 studies on my current instructions...

Look in the primer, and see what instructions you have?

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Primer problem? 11/22/2005 08:48 AM CST
Yeah, its the right primer with the right instructions. Couldnt figure it out, so assisted last night. Quarel came down and told me to bug it. Said he had no clue what was wrong with it, just that it was buggy somehow. When I asked how long it would take to fix it, he told me a few days to a few weeks... so much for mech lore. Unless someone on ratha has a spare primer... or dolphin instructions, Im almost ready for those...

Thanks for all the help everyone. Somehow it went from normal one day, to buggy the next with no explanation.

-Master Ndin
Re: Primer problem? 11/22/2005 05:14 PM CST
I'm pretty sure you can just buy a new primer on Ratha, there's an origami shop on the... 3rd tier?

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.

Vision's Tanning Experiments: http://www.tanning.tribehawk.com/
Re: Primer problem? 11/27/2005 11:41 AM CST
No, primers and instructions don't wear out.
Re: Primer problem? 12/07/2005 08:49 AM CST
>study fish instr in my primer

That work?

If it doesn't, I'd suggest you assist again and ask the GM to replace your broken primer instead of forcing you to wait. I've had that done for me in the past with other buggy items.
Re: Primer problem? 12/08/2005 08:13 AM CST
stupid question too, but did you try opening the primer?

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: Primer problem? 12/13/2005 12:08 PM CST
From what I've seen I've never got a primer to work without it being in my hand. Instructions will as its the item by itself but primers I haven't seen without being held.
Re: Primer problem? 12/13/2005 01:46 PM CST
I recently did a little test on origami and found I could make the primer work in my backpack as long as the primer was open. Syntax I used was:

put study my <instruction adj here> inst in my primer

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds