Prev_page Previous 1 3
Envelopes 04/02/2004 12:41 AM CST
Now that the freeze is over...any chance we can get Envelopes of Oragami paper perhaps? please? pretty please? also, will an envelope count as ONE item, or no?
Re: Envelopes 04/02/2004 08:20 AM CST
They do count as one item.

I'd also love an update, please.

~Dulcinia

Legian says, "once at a wedding they were serving chicken legs... never been bitten so much in ma life."

Arcath says, "if archers are involved I usually just keep the empaths company until it's over"
Re: Envelopes 04/02/2004 12:09 PM CST
They do? I dont recall a GM actualy saying thatb ut if they do....::drool:: please, give us some kind of update...pretty please? Ill buy you all a round of drinks at the next Vegascon!
Re: Envelopes 04/02/2004 01:48 PM CST
>They do?

fairly certian yes. i believe that is one of the major features of evnelopes. that and reduced weight are the two biggies i believe.

brandon

Heck no, that would ruin my destruction of the guild. I'll be aiming for the trash that everyone throws out.

GM - Talian

IRL if i'm fighting a narcoleptic and they fall asleep midway through. The fight is over.

Rebwolf
Re: Envelopes 04/02/2004 03:19 PM CST
When I was testing them, I counted. One item.

~Dulcinia

Legian says, "once at a wedding they were serving chicken legs... never been bitten so much in ma life."

Arcath says, "if archers are involved I usually just keep the empaths company until it's over"
Re: Envelopes 04/02/2004 03:29 PM CST
Several people have been asking for updates for several weeks now. It has had no effect. I can only conclude that it is in QC at the moment. Thus there is really nothing to comment on since the dev GM behind the envelopes has little control over that process.

I will continue to wait, but be certain I will not hold my breath.

Trebber
Re: Envelopes 04/15/2004 01:08 PM CDT
Must.....have....Envelopes.....all my containers are runneth over with paper...Can we get SOME kind of feedback from ANY GM? the natives are getting restless...
Re: Envelopes 04/15/2004 03:29 PM CDT
Arguments for envelopes being released now:
-It was ready a while ago, but looped back through because of the potential for being beltworn was brought up. (Boy I bet you two who suggested that are kicking yourselves)
-Given the war and huge buildup of extra calculations, removing hundreds of sheets of paper from all the folks who carry it (Figure maybe 200 people at a given time) it removes about 20,000 items from the mess at least.
-QC is toying with you people. How hard can it be to test a tested item that now has a belt catch?
Arguments against envelopes being released:
-all that hard work shining brightly after the mech split because only three people want to work with paper for a career path.
-Worship QC, all your forged weapon are belong to they. QC is mother, QC is father.

Anyway, kick em in the pants, it's been several months since the envelopes went back to have their clips inspected. They ought to have been done before the system required Gossford to reduce his items.

Jerevth

I have walked my way since the beginning of time; sometimes I give, sometimes I take. It is mine to know which and when.
Re: Envelopes 04/15/2004 06:17 PM CDT
>>>-It was ready a while ago, but looped back through because of the potential for being beltworn was brought up. (Boy I bet you two who suggested that are kicking yourselves)

It was more than just that, but yeah... it's been long enough I'd think.

Meriel? Please? Even if it's out of your hands now we beg you for an update.

~Dulcinia

Re: Envelopes 04/16/2004 09:52 PM CDT
>Meriel? Please? Even if it's out of your hands now we beg you for an update.

Seriously, someone upstairs say something. Like 6 months ago they were in QC or something. As much as I like using 1/2 of each character's item limit, it'd be great if this could get done, or someone could fix crushing things in a mortar to teach like it used to.
Re: Envelopes 04/17/2004 09:43 AM CDT
Maybe we don't have any GM's reading this category. Has anyone tried posting in the general discussions folder? Maybe we can get a reply from someone there. If there is a reply would someone mind crossposting here? I never check that folder :)

Ackolone
Re: Envelopes 04/17/2004 09:45 AM CDT
I am sure they will get to it simu soon.

http://www.drtraders.net/gallery
http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Envelopes 04/17/2004 12:29 PM CDT
<<I am sure they will get to it simu soon.>>

heh...that's what I'm afraid of! ;)
Re: Envelopes 04/18/2004 12:41 AM CDT
Here's my theory on the delay:

The envelopes are waiting for the mech lore split. The mech lore split is waiting for the new trader reqs to be released. The new trader reqs are waiting to be announced before they can be released. The new trader reqs aren't announced because none of the 99th traders have enough survival to meet the new reqs for 100th circle.

So if you want envelopes released, nag your neartest 99th circle trader to work on his Survival ranks!

Lurel

P.s. - I hope I'm wrong about the survival part, but it never hurts to bother them.
Re: Envelopes 04/18/2004 12:57 AM CDT
<<The envelopes are waiting for the mech lore split. The mech lore split is waiting for the new trader reqs to be released. The new trader reqs are waiting to be announced before they can be released. The new trader reqs aren't announced because none of the 99th traders have enough survival to meet the new reqs for 100th circle.

Close but it is probably more like

The envelopes are waiting for the mech lore split. The mech lore split is waiting for the new trader reqs to be released. The new trader reqs are waiting for the mech lore split. The new trader reqs aren't announced untill the new envelopes are not out yet.

http://www.drtraders.net/gallery
http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Envelopes 04/19/2004 01:19 AM CDT
and with the mechlore split no one will want the envelopes!
Catch 22

Jerevth

I have walked my way since the beginning of time; sometimes I give, sometimes I take. It is mine to know which and when.
Re: Envelopes 04/19/2004 02:25 PM CDT
>and with the mechlore split no one will want the envelopes!

Oh yes we will.

We also need some harder instructions, vultures barely even teach anything anymore

Apu
Envelopes 04/23/2004 08:37 PM CDT
Last we heard, the envelopes were almost ready to be released, but we don't have them yet. Can a GM please let us know what's going on? It's been, like OMG, months. Thanks!

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

That's why it's called a shortcut; if it was easy it would just be "The Way"
Envelopes... 04/29/2004 09:22 PM CDT
The folks in charge of treasure items have just accepted some envelopes into the system. The envelopes should be showing up within the next day or so there.

The Fold with Care merchant tent has its last updates in and has been submitted for approval to open.

The Leth origami tent is in the midst of being updated.

Meriel
Re: Envelopes... 04/29/2004 09:33 PM CDT
Meriel will you marry me?

Blue Fire
Re: Envelopes... 04/29/2004 09:37 PM CDT
>Meriel will you marry me?

I'll have you know you beat me to being the first to post by 1 minute. I was going to comment that the announcement had been here for 10 minutes and no one had jumped with joy yet. ;) Good thing I checked again before posting.

::runs off to look at the treasure stuffs::

AGM Zadraes
Premium/Platinum Assistant
Re: Envelopes... 04/29/2004 09:44 PM CDT
Can we get an update once the Leth tent is updated with envelopes?

~~From Hell

"Then look for me by moonlight,
Watch for me by moonlight,
I'll come to thee by moonlight, though hell should bar the way."- Alfred Noyes
Re: Envelopes... 04/29/2004 09:47 PM CDT
>>I'll have you know you beat me to being the first to post by 1 minute. I was going to comment that the announcement had been here for 10 minutes and no one had jumped with joy yet. ;) Good thing I checked again before posting.

:-P

Blue Fire
Re: Envelopes... 04/29/2004 09:51 PM CDT
>> Can we get an update once the Leth tent is updated with envelopes? <<

Yes, when I get approval to implement the actual changes, I'll announce as each shop is upgraded. I've just finished the upgrade to the Leth tent and submitted it for approval. Next on the list... Ratha.

Meriel
Re: Envelopes... 04/30/2004 01:51 AM CDT
you are great Meriel, thank you!

brandon

Heck no, that would ruin my destruction of the guild. I'll be aiming for the trash that everyone throws out.

GM - Talian

IRL if i'm fighting a narcoleptic and they fall asleep midway through. The fight is over.

Rebwolf
Re: Envelopes... 04/30/2004 02:36 AM CDT
In the treasure system in a day or two ... that means those suckers are past QC and on ... their ... way! HUZZAH!

<ponders>

Leth now, Ratha next .... <twitch> and how long until the Mer'Kresh shop? <twitch>

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
Re: Envelopes... 04/30/2004 05:26 AM CDT
Thank you! How about a party this weekend to celebrate? You bring more gifts, we'll bring everything else!

a small black enameled envelope case painted with various origami figurines, sounds good!!
Re: Envelopes... 04/30/2004 06:00 AM CDT
OMG OMG OMG ENVELOPES! OMG! Can we get an update on when Envelopes 2.0 are coming out please? It's been like, hours since we've had any word.

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

That's why it's called a shortcut; if it was easy it would just be "The Way"
Re: Envelopes... 04/30/2004 02:10 PM CDT
:O

Celestica moves a stone mortar labeled "NotCelestiaa" to his right hand.

You tap a hollow ram's horn labeled "NotCelestica" that you are wearing.
Re: Envelopes... 04/30/2004 03:48 PM CDT
<<<The folks in charge of treasure items have just accepted some envelopes into the system.>>>

Does this apply to TF also? If not can it please?
Re: Envelopes... 04/30/2004 05:44 PM CDT
<<<The folks in charge of treasure items have just accepted some envelopes into the system.>>>

Does this apply to TF also? If not can it please?

As far as I know the treasure items are treasure items regardless of instance. But I'll enquire to be sure.
Re: Envelopes... 04/30/2004 11:55 PM CDT
>As far as I know the treasure items are treasure items regardless of instance. But I'll enquire to be sure.

i don't believe they are... check plat? <g>

brandon

GM - Talian

Rebwolf
Re: Envelopes... 05/02/2004 11:05 AM CDT
I know I shouldn't encourage him...

<<OMG OMG OMG ENVELOPES! OMG! Can we get an update on when Envelopes 2.0 are coming out please? It's been like, hours since we've had any word.>>

... but that was funny.

Visionary Heroiklim Zortal

Heiu says, "By the end of the year I expect to see an explosion"
Heiu says, "Hold me to that if you want.... at Christmas"
Re: Envelopes... 05/02/2004 05:40 PM CDT
It was obnoxious, which is Classic Teeklin.

~Dulcinia

'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!
Re: Envelopes... 05/02/2004 05:54 PM CDT
Teeklin is going to rip me apart but..

Its been a few days since the announcment. Whats going on with the release?

~~From Hell

"Then look for me by moonlight,
Watch for me by moonlight,
I'll come to thee by moonlight, though hell should bar the way."- Alfred Noyes
Re: Envelopes... 05/02/2004 06:08 PM CDT
>Its been a few days since the announcment. Whats going on with the release?

Ya, I mean there can't be much QC to put one more item on a rack.

Reserved for future witty comments.
Re: Envelopes... 05/07/2004 04:23 PM CDT
<<The folks in charge of treasure items have just accepted some envelopes into the system. The envelopes should be showing up within the next day or so there.

<<The Fold with Care merchant tent has its last updates in and has been submitted for approval to open.

<<The Leth origami tent is in the midst of being updated.

<<I've just finished the upgrade to the Leth tent and submitted it for approval.

<<Meriel

<<Actually, unless I'm mistaken, her exact words were 'it's done, and in QC'.

Already done with QC and the upgrades are done. Just waiting for approval to be released. This was posted only a week ago (not the two weeks some have been saying).

I applaud Meriel's efforts. But whether there is one post on these coming out or 500, little will be done because of the posts to speed this through approval. In fact, with the approval process taking longer than a week, I can only imaging what things are sitting on the approval plate waiting to come out.

On a side note, a lot has happened to staff over the last couple of months. I am sure what would take one week before has at least doubled in length with the added work loads being picked up.

Patience, or I will have to read another post from Teeklin on the subject. I am willing to give up my impression of a release time and it will not be the SIMU soon response. Envelopes will be available by the end of the month. Feel free to post again in June.

Trebber
Re: Envelopes... 05/07/2004 06:37 PM CDT
<<I applaud Meriel's efforts. But whether there is one post on these coming out or 500, little will be done because of the posts to speed this through approval. In fact, with the approval process taking longer than a week, I can only imaging what things are sitting on the approval plate waiting to come out.

Raise! Time to fear the clerics again!

Why the blazes do I smell like sulphur?
Re: Envelopes... 05/08/2004 01:20 PM CDT
I checked them, and they HAVE been in the treasure system for a few days now. Hopefully, folks have started to find some.

One of the tents is on its final check (may have been done, I'm not in the game yet to check messages). The other tent I'm doing rework when I get in the game ;)

Meriel

PS -- I'm a "she" (somebody posted about "he").
Re: Envelopes... 05/08/2004 03:10 PM CDT
Heh... everyone finally gets what they're asking for, and no one responds.

Thanks, Meriel!
Prev_page Previous 1 3