Whistling 11/13/2010 01:11 PM CST
I would be extremely surprised if this hasn't been brought up before, but is there any talk/hope of seeing the WHISTLE verb adapted to the PLAY/HUM mechanics? It seems kind of silly that we can hum concerti and requiems, but we can't whistle anything more than a few notes.

Perhaps it could teach winds, instead?

Plus, as an RP tool, it would be rather nice. It's really out of character for my character to be humming.
Re: Whistling 11/13/2010 01:21 PM CST
<<I would be extremely surprised if this hasn't been brought up before, but is there any talk/hope of seeing the WHISTLE verb adapted to the PLAY/HUM mechanics? It seems kind of silly that we can hum concerti and requiems, but we can't whistle anything more than a few notes.

When HUM was first released, Dartenian said whistling was the next step and that it would teach vocals iirc. However, I think that plan went the way of the dodo because HUMming became the poster child for training a skill solely for the sake of TDPs and they've explicitly stated that they're moving away from that type of development.

<<Perhaps it could teach winds, instead?

Despite all that above, since instruments will teach the new combined Performance skill rather than individual instruments in Lore 3.0 it would simply be a redundant system to HUM. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I'll let the GMs decide. Variety of learning choice, but developing it doesn't add anything else except appearance.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: Whistling 11/13/2010 02:06 PM CST
Honestly, I'd be happy even if it was identical. I just want to be able to whistle instead of hum.
Re: Whistling 11/13/2010 09:46 PM CST
>Honestly, I'd be happy even if it was identical. I just want to be able to whistle instead of hum.

I agree. Don't care what skill you call it or TDPs or whatever.