Vocals training..... 07/26/2009 07:10 PM CDT
Back a number of months ago I started training vocals, using the HUM verb.

I trained one character to 150 ranks, and a second character to 88 ranks in vocals by humming songs with "only the slightest hint of difficulty."

I recently started trying to train vocals on the character with 88 ranks and can't seem to get it learning. Even humming for an hour and some change straight I could only get to 2/34.

Has the training method for this skill changed? Anyone know a viable way to effectively train the skill?
Re: Vocals training..... 07/26/2009 07:13 PM CDT
Nope. It just didn't get uptweaked like the other instruments - I imagine since it's so easy to do while you do other things.

Play around to find the butter zone (not all slightest hints are equal) and hum away.

Otherwise it's the same learning rate, it's just the same thing people have seen with many skills in the new xp system - the learning rate is unable to outpace the new drain.
Re: Vocals training..... 07/26/2009 07:44 PM CDT
Train charisma. You'll get a boost to your humming ability which will allow you to hum a more difficult style at lower ranks. Harder styles grant more exp per pulse. I can still lock vocals if I try, as a moon mage (778 ranks).
Re: Vocals training..... 07/26/2009 08:25 PM CDT
Vocals: 89 11% clear (0/34)

Charisma : 20

Maybe it's because I'm not humming non stop. I was testing it in my health walking script and just started humming every time I started on a tier. I'm thinking I will be revamping the script slightly to try and keep him humming at all times, or at least start at the next stopping point after finishing his humming.
Re: Vocals training..... 07/26/2009 10:26 PM CDT
Hum the absolute hardest song that gives you the slightest hint of difficulty. Hum each song until it ends, as the amount of experience per pulse ramps up as the song progresses.

I'm still waiting for my kazoo.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com