Ratha Swimming 06/09/2008 10:28 AM CDT
Hi, I've been gone from the game for a while and just got back. I am on Ratha and wanting to train swimming and was wondering where the best place to do that with my 51 ranks is?

Thanks,
Matheast
Re: Ratha Swimming 06/09/2008 10:34 AM CDT
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

Probably the water area right outside of the sand sprite caves. Once you cap that, you might be able to swim in the pool in Eluned's temple if you're really careful. I think people usually recommend ~80 ranks for the pool.

Whatever you do don't go into the wreck of the Seerah.
Re: Ratha Swimming 06/09/2008 04:15 PM CDT
swimming back and forth between the gap and the foremast will take your swimming to 100 or so ranks, and climbing the foremast with a weapon in each hand will take climbing to 100 or so ranks as well.

You have been vanquished. That is all.
Re: Ratha Swimming 06/09/2008 11:31 PM CDT
Ok, thanks. I will stay around the gap for a while and thanks for the bit about climbing the foremast. I didn't know about that.

Matheast
Re: Ratha Swimming 06/10/2008 06:38 AM CDT
One important safety tip regarding climbing the foremast... When you climb UP the foremast, you are now in a hunting area that has Ochre La'heke. If you linger, they will advance on you and if they get to melee, probably kill you. I usually swim outbound from the gap to the foremast, climb the foremast twice without any delay at the top, then swim back to the gap. This seems to prevent any critters from advancing to pole and then melee, and also eliminates the "You are tired of all this climbing back and forth" messaging.

You have been vanquished. That is all.
Re: Ratha Swimming 06/10/2008 11:50 AM CDT
>I usually swim outbound from the gap to the foremast, climb the foremast twice without any delay at the top, then swim back to the gap.

The timer between learning on repeated climbs (up foremast and down foremast are spare climbs) is somewhere between 20 and 30 seconds. Just in case you're making that swim in less than that time, pause a little longer for optimal learning.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Ambassador of the Ilithi Court, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, ... still a Ranger
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Ratha Swimming 07/27/2008 03:01 AM CDT
I also started training my swimming in Eluned's pool at around 75 ranks...you just go down once and then right back up. Not sure if you can start sooner, but it's worth a shot, locks very fast.

Red'

Redeth smiles and points at you with her right hand, then taps herself in the chest with her left. She raises both her hands in the air and whirls both around and then brings them together in a sharp crack of flesh on flesh.

Translation: go time
Re: Ratha Swimming 07/27/2008 06:09 AM CDT
Swimming outside sand sprites took me to 100 ranks and then I switched to Eluned's pool and can swim down twice without any trouble, and yes... it locks really fast there.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
Re: Ratha Swimming 07/27/2008 02:59 PM CDT
Do you know how much strength you had when you did it with 75 ranks? Kardlo is a halfling and isn't very strong, so his 80 swimming doesn't seem to be enough to manage yet.

Player of Kardlo
Re: Ratha Swimming 07/27/2008 05:04 PM CDT
I was able to swim eluned's pool with 12 strength and 12 stamina at 85 ranks in swimming, wearing no armor with no burden. I was just testing at the time, and the stamina hit on the way back up was survivable, but a little more than I wanted, so I went back outside sprites to 100 ranks and now have no trouble at eluned's pool. Strength and stamina still the same.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
Re: Ratha Swimming 07/26/2009 07:06 PM CDT
My halfling hasd someplace around 20 str and 25 stam when I started swimming elunds with 80 ranks....couldn't do it if I had ANY type of burden. Now at 130 ranks I can do it with heavy burden, but I'm also at 26 str and 30 stam.