Spell Scrolls 05/15/2007 05:59 PM CDT
Since we know have a really nifty way to learn scholarship- what to do with those ranks?

The first thing that I think would be useful would be to make all first tier spells availible on scroll. If one or two have to be reserved, fine, but in general make them all availible or limit each guild to reserving one.

Put them all for sale- on rotating inventory somewhere- so they aren't all availible all the time, but would all be availible at various times.

Come up with an ingame arguement why paladin spells would be usable by others. Personally, I like the idea that the restraint shouldn't be on the spell, but on Paladins as spell casters.

Eventually allow player made scrolls- which would require scholarship. As players start generating scrolls, remove the NPC sellers of scrolls.

"I like it here, the clerics are nice and the others are dead"
Re: Spell Scrolls 05/15/2007 06:19 PM CDT
Dibs on ewh.

-Durnil
Re: Spell Scrolls 05/15/2007 09:45 PM CDT
By and large, I think all first tier spells, regardless of guild/purpose/etc. should be scroll spells, available in a shop, somewhere.

Make it cost prohibitive, or whatever; but frankly, the system is in place, and not allowing the global use tells me either spells are scaled differently for magic prime vs. magic not-prime guilds, or other 'not good' things.
Re: Spell Scrolls 08/25/2007 08:32 PM CDT
See too much possible abuse from bards and certain spells (mostly healing).
I play a bard...but to have a bard never have to use herbs again is just wrong. Or any spellcaster.
Re: Spell Scrolls 08/26/2007 07:07 AM CDT
I'm an Empath and I don't see a problem with it. He/she must NEVER die, must ALWAYS watch their mana, and otherwise be careful.

Plus, unless they have 301 magic, it doesn't heal ANY nerve wounds/scars, and it doesn't heal anything at the slashes/severe scarring and ugly gashes/the equivalent internal wound and scars level or higher unless they have 401+ PM. And for a magic secondary, that's getting up there.

So, it's not like there's absolutely no strings attached.

PoKaeta

"Whatever, it's the end of the world. There's actually a Trader guild now. Bards are no longer useless. Empaths can finally stand up for themselves. We're all doomed."
- Vinjince
Re: Spell Scrolls 08/26/2007 11:47 AM CDT
Speak to Leilond and then say this is out of line.
Also, my magic skills are the hightest of all my skills. Including lore.
Don't ever say secondary and primary make a difference..
'cause for a bard, magic is almost always their highest skill. And if it isn't, its their second highest, right behind vocals.
Re: Spell Scrolls 08/28/2007 03:51 PM CDT
I don't see how such an extremely temporary ability can ever be thought of as being abused. The gms made it so we can't use most guilds best spells, and what works is intended. Please think before you go complaining that one of our bard abilities is "too strong", because in some places that is sacrilidge. Thx.

Sephirin