Learning to sing 05/03/2007 09:17 PM CDT
I'm having trouble learning vocals. I currently have around 40 ranks and some of my songs teach me a little, some don't even get me past learning. Is there a trick (or two) to getting vocals moving?
Re: Learning to sing 05/03/2007 09:27 PM CDT
You have to sing in a room with other people.
Re: Learning to sing 05/04/2007 09:36 AM CDT
singing in a room with even one person is sufficient usually to get it moving. Make sure your lyrics have four lines per sing (which is seperated by a ; on a single line in your script) and that they are not too long so as to make you hack and wheeze. I wrote a nice little epic a few weeks ago that locks me every time I use it. I'd be more than happy to "spread it around" so that others can make use of it if you want

>assist request to bug Reexa for no good reason whatsoever
>assist position
You are number 1 in the premium assist queue.

SEND[Reexa] Boohiss!

>snicker
You snicker.
Re: Learning to sing 05/04/2007 10:03 AM CDT
Post away.
Re: Learning to sing 05/04/2007 10:30 AM CDT
I will do my best to remember this until I get home where my script is :) if you don't hear from me by 5 central time, feel free to post again to remind me :)

>assist position

SEND[Reexa] Boohiss!

>snicker
You snicker.
Re: Learning to sing 05/04/2007 04:12 PM CDT
ok here ya go, only thing I ask is that you give proper credits to Souv for coming up with it :)

put sing Once there was a queen, born and bred; two children she had, girls to wed;but twins could not be, the world could not see; the youngest girl was given to me
pause 13
put sing Once there was a boy, who worked for a noble; the noble wanted power, the more he got older; a plan he did have, to become a king; a plan he did have, to marry a queen
pause 13
put sing Cloak and dagger, the noble stalked his prey; until he met, the queen one day; dear queen your daughter I would wed; the queen looked down to him and said
pause 13
put sing Marry my daughter, for love or money?; marry my daughter, become her honey?; marry my daughter, to have my bless?; I suppose this once, if she says yes
pause 13
put sing The princess locked away so careful inside; a secret she had, she'd been outside; a sister she knew, who looked just the same; she decided to play, just a little game
pause 13
put sing The sister given to me ran away; to find her sister and claim her day; across the noble she stumbled by night; and fell in love, yes, love at first sight
pause 13
put sing But that's not the end of our story tonight; the princess in her room wanted to flight; around she stumbled yet full of grace; until her eyes landed upon his face
pause 13
put sing The boy saw love, the girl saw livin; they talked into the night, which made the queen livid; followed she was into the night; and love with common folk just aint right
pause 13
put sing The day came for the big announcement; the sisters plotted and switched adornments; a princess became common and common became law; done up like a princess, a little doll
pause 13
put sing Princess and boy did run away right; while the sister was propositioned that very night; accepted she did and a wedding arranged; noble and sister, did get engaged
pause 13
put sing The ploy was seen by none but the king; a kink in the plan did the king bring; but the king was smarter than his wife that day; a game of his own, did he but play
pause 13
put sing Boy and princess, who's claim was right; the king had married, that very night; the queen was old and ready to die; what would it matter if the king lied?
pause 13
put sing But the sister was not raised of royal blood; she did not know what needed done; a princess was needed, though married to scum; how to make the apprentice better than dumb
pause 13
put sing The king did pronounce that very next day; a traitor snuck in and married and lay; with the boy who's name was sullied and done; kicked out of the country, oh the guards had fun
pause 13
put sing The princess had married the noble from far away; and dowry was given, or so the king would say; the kingdom had a prince, and princess would stay; common became royal and vice versa this day
pause 13
put sing The princess and boy did have to run astray; but alas this ending had more to say; shot by an arrow, the guards did slay; the boy princess married her dear wedding day
pause 13
put sing The princess was destroyed, completely dismayed; away into the forest until on the ground she layed; fear not a voice said from above; nature protects your fragile love
pause 13
put sing Along came a fey, whos message was clear; become a ranger, become one with the field; so the princess did learn the common ways; in the forest she did learn to play
pause 13
put sing The boy was not forgotten, he lay always in her mind; but a new purpose was found she did not stay blind; to far off lands she did travel; and this is the end of my babble
pause 13
put sing The princess lives here among us good people; and reminds us all that we should pray at steeple; for the boy who's love she held so dear; and the path she walked to come here
pause 13
put sing The moral of the song is simple but thus; give in to love, but not to lust; for the noble and common became king and queen; but true love rewarded the princess' deed
pause 13
put sing King and queen were killed, their plot undone; but princess and boy were bound by blood; the princess gave birth to a little girl; a kingdom she would have, a queen unfurled
pause 13
put sing But not this day, no not this time; a queen must be raise, primped and primed; tomorrow's day may bring a close; to this epic this one I chose
pause 13
put sing Thank you all for your lengthy time; I hope you enjoyed this little rhyme; the story is truth I say it now; as true as the hair upon my brow

enjoy

Souv

>assist position

SEND[Reexa] Boohiss!

>snicker
You snicker.
Re: Learning to sing 05/04/2007 04:14 PM CDT
That'd be awesome Souvelle if you could post that. Would give credit for your epic work of art of course ;)

Is there a learning timer on each verse, anyone know? I assume you can't just sing the same verse over and over.
Re: Learning to sing 05/04/2007 04:14 PM CDT
just did :)

>assist position

SEND[Reexa] Boohiss!

>snicker
You snicker.