Weight 11/23/2006 01:55 PM CST
Just got my first numbered weight message ever during an appraisal -
The rusted red khuj is made with metal.
You estimate that the rusted red khuj weighs around 55 stones.
You are certain that the rusted red khuj is worth exactly 10000 lirums.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

Appraisal is 155

mfberg
Re: Weight 11/23/2006 02:35 PM CST
Congrats!

Trebber

It is intended to be a game, and while it never made sense for me to be able to bounce across the rainbow road or whatever it was called when I played Candyland, it never stopped me from doing it and enjoying the game.
Re: Weight 11/23/2006 04:33 PM CST
Congrats and now you'll be looking for that all the time and still seldom see it! My warrior mage has about 180 ranks of Appraisal and I still don't see that info often. (grumble)

Jim

"Bush told the truth. Hell froze."
- William Gibson
"Help! Trapped in a text adventure!"
- Marc Laidlaw

Re: Weight 11/27/2006 09:28 PM CST
Wow that's pretty early for weight estimations. I think weapon ranks matter.

-Sephos
Re: Weight 12/13/2006 02:39 AM CST
As a barbarian, I have 148 ranks in appraisal, but a scant 80some ranks with halberds. I hope to gain the ability to judge weapon weights soon.

Regards,

Kalkomar Axebiter
Staan Grimis
Re: Weight 12/13/2006 02:48 AM CST
>>As a barbarian, I have 148 ranks in appraisal, but a scant 80some ranks with halberds. I hope to gain the ability to judge weapon weights soon.

I started getting weapons weights pretty consistently around a combined 300 ranks of weapon + appraisal.

Wish List: Weapon enchanting, Empath romancing, Bardic Screams, and Barb love-beams.
Re: Weight 12/13/2006 05:14 AM CST
I have appraisal+weapon = 453 ranks and don't get weight. My weapon skill is higher then my appraisal skill.

You are Duelist Farluk Zoulvaun of the Monks, an Elven Moon Mage.
You have a regally trimmed mustache on your upper lip and an elegantly trimmed full beard.
Re: Weight 12/13/2006 05:29 AM CST
>>I have appraisal+weapon = 453 ranks and don't get weight. My weapon skill is higher then my appraisal skill.

Really? How high is your appraisal skill? Is it less then 100?

I suppose you need a total approaching 300 and then maybe a minimum skill in appraisal too.

Wish List: Weapon enchanting, Empath romancing, Bardic Screams, and Barb love-beams.
Re: Weight 12/13/2006 05:46 AM CST
169 appraisal, 167 ME. Hardly even even get guesses at weights. So 300 is not accurate.

-Master Ndin
Re: Weight 12/13/2006 09:42 AM CST
Just to narrow it down further, it is less than 465 combined.

Also I get exact weighs on a 447 combined, but it's a bastie so I don't know which skill is checked or if both are checked in that appraisal.

This is using appraise careful, with appraisal ranks far outweighing weapon ranks in all tests.

-Teeklin

"Gown Removed Carelessly. Head, less so." - Joss Whedon
Re: Weight 12/13/2006 10:22 AM CST
>>169 appraisal, 167 ME. Hardly even even get guesses at weights. So 300 is not accurate.

Teeklin raises a very good point. Are you using appraise careful? I am seeing weights (not appraising as certains, though it is often right since I know how much my weapons weigh) with careful appraisal at 300 ranks with some frequency. At 465 I would think you would be seeing them all the time.

Re: Weight 12/13/2006 11:04 AM CST
For weights I do not think weapon skill is a factor at all. I think it is purely on appraisal skill for weight.

For example:

My combined HE/App is close to 600, I do not get certain weights, it takes a lot of tries to even get confident.

My combined Light Blunt/App is about half that, a bit more then 300. I see the same exact kinds of results as I do with HE.

The only way this could make sense is if weight uses only appraisal skill as a factor.
Re: Weight 12/13/2006 11:22 AM CST
Makes sense. Good guess!

So then for reference my appraisal is 375 and I'm using careful. About the only way to test for sure is if someone with 600 in a weapon but only 250 in appraisal tried and didn't get weights.

-Teeklin

"Gown Removed Carelessly. Head, less so." - Joss Whedon
Re: Weight 12/13/2006 11:43 AM CST
>>So then for reference my appraisal is 375 and I'm using careful. About the only way to test for sure is if someone with 600 in a weapon but only 250 in appraisal tried and didn't get weights.

Sigh... so far off yet, those 600 ranks.

Re: Weight 12/13/2006 04:13 PM CST
With 582 combined Appraisal and ME, I can get
>You are certain that the scimitar weighs about 33 stones.
fairly regularly with appraise careful. Thing about appraising weights is getting both perfects on the same appraise, "certain" then "exactly". I'll let folks know when I get certain/exactlies consistently.

Aveda's Field Guide
http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Hot hot hot scripts, Antique P5 maps, a macro tutorial, training advice, and plenty of Bardly goodness.
Do you have the latest version of Reckus or Reckus NB? Newest update:11/29/2006
Re: Weight 12/17/2006 07:14 AM CST
You are certain that the pearl grey katar weighs exactly 37 stones.

A bit over 380 appraisal, with combined weapon skill of over 600 ranks.

~The one who is obsessed with power.
__
http://drleilond.tripod.com - The Story
http://drfallenbard.tripod.com - Art, Inspiration, and the Fallen
drleilond.tripod.com/Guild_Requirements.xls - Personal Bard Guild Req Sheet
Re: Weight 12/17/2006 07:18 AM CST
As an aside,

You are certain that the throwing hammer weighs exactly 40 stones.

I have 0 ranks in Heavy Blunt and was able to get this appraisal, leading me to believe that it is based solely off of appraisal and whatever attribute modifier appraisal goes off of.

~The one who is obsessed with power.
__
http://drleilond.tripod.com - The Story
http://drfallenbard.tripod.com - Art, Inspiration, and the Fallen
drleilond.tripod.com/Guild_Requirements.xls - Personal Bard Guild Req Sheet
Re: Weight 12/17/2006 07:22 AM CST
yeah, its based off of appraisal, my trader can get better weight appraisal than my other characters.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."