Teaching idea 11/16/2006 03:53 PM CST
I'm no sure if this is the right folder, but teaching is pretty much as far as a combat related skill as you can get....

Well, I've often heard complaints about how teaching is useless. The only thing its useful for is to teach more people so you can learn more teaching. (I don't quite agree with this, but that is beside the point)

So, what if there was a tangible benefit to teaching, one that pays off all that hard work you did teaching people who more often than not picked boxes, told joke and basically ignored you?

My suggestion (finally) is that with enough teaching ranks, and enough stats points, a character should be able to train another. For example, I have 100 ranks of teaching. i have 40 reflex (go gnomes!). Someone who knows I am a skilled teacher and have higher reflex than they could come to me to train them. There would have to be some mututal benefit to this of course. Perhaps a reduced tdp cost depending on the amount of teaching and gap in skills. As for the teacher, they would get a very nice amount of teaching experience, perhaps some coin (though I don't want to get into tipping vs payment) or maybe even a tdp or 2?

This is just the beginning of an idea and of cousre there would have to be check to ensure no cheating so what do others think?

Player of many gnomes