Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/02/2006 09:47 PM CDT
>>I'm the official pie checker.

>>Sadly I haven't found any pie.

You don't find any pie in pyramids, and if you do it's not the kind you want. You can only find pie in fine dessert shops like what's-her-face in Haven, that guy down in Shard, and Frederick's (they always have the best pie).

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/02/2006 09:56 PM CDT
>>glances at Frederick's...

ponders Hollywood...

now you all get your mind outta my gutter!

Got Body Parts?
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/02/2006 10:18 PM CDT
::cackles:: yeah, and I now know where that ones mind is located...

::pushes her out of his gutter::

::points to the street::

Out, my gutter!!

but to be on Topic...umm....anyone know how many hums it takes to get to the center of the dried vulture heart? ::Grins::

~Me~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/02/2006 10:23 PM CDT
>>anyone know how many hums it takes to get to the center of the dried vulture heart?

three. Two to dry the thing, and one for cracking it open (after that, you just swear a lot).

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/03/2006 12:13 AM CDT
could stick all sorts of things into a pyramid, i'm sure a pie will work as well, ponders about the weird stuff he's dried

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5198137
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/03/2006 03:46 AM CDT
>>three. Two to dry the thing, and one for cracking it open (after that, you just swear a lot).<<

Small question. What determines the value of the heartstone thing?

Maybe I'm weird, but I get my sexual urges out of the way in real life and save my violence and bloodlust for games and other virtual mediums.
-Fuquois-
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/03/2006 04:14 AM CDT
The adjective.

'worthless' 'broken' etc heartstones are worth nothing.

Then you have 'simple' or 'plain' ones which are worth a few gold.

Goes all the way up to 'beautiful' and 'breathtaking' which can be a couple plat IIRC.

Obviously the more mech you have the more likely you are to get the ones that are worth something but a lot of it is up to chance in my experience. At least I've never heard of anyone making a steady fortune off of heartstones, and I'm willing to bet if it was possible (and cost/time effective) they would be.

Rev. Reene

On Martyka's stone market table you see a white glazed clay jar painted with a grey knotwork maze and fitted with a silver rim labeled "Sindea Ashes", ...

A glazed jar on a stone market table exclaims, "Help me! I'm not dead yet!"
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/03/2006 04:37 PM CDT
>They are also the only way to learn Mech after a certain point (I think 400 in mech but that might be wrong)

Origami still teaches fine at 400 (go go mouse folding!). Perhaps over 600? I vaguely remember hearing about Apu topping off from the origami folding, but it was so far ahead of my skill I didn't make note of what the numbers were.

Kythryn
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/03/2006 05:08 PM CDT
Kinda on the same topic,what with pyramids working mech well,let me ask a general question...see I skin and scrape ALOT of hides,and I mean ALOT (I mean I AM a master tanner in training after all!!) so,in the long run,would mech work better using a pyramid or to continue all my scraping and the like?

I suppose what I'm asking is would the two be even in learning rates or would one be better than the other?

I mean my ritual is typically hunt,skin,scrape,cure and tan whatever cured bundle I have in the vault,then I'll do it all over again.Now I know for a fact while actually curing the hides dont teach squat (except that tanning salts will get ya some **** up!<g>),but scraping and tanning do. I basically thought that I was maximizing my mech learning offa the hides,I learn twice offa them.

But enough of my babbling...pyramid vs. tanning....better mech bang fer my buck? Discuss.

Will,the unstable mind behind-

Izzit
Master Tanner in Training

Asirin
Priest Of Meraud
---
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/03/2006 05:19 PM CDT
<<But enough of my babbling...pyramid vs. tanning....better mech bang fer my buck?>>

Izzit, after a certain point (175 mech?) scrapping doesnt teach much mech lore at all. I used to do what you are doing but the scrapping stopped learning well for me. (This was just before origami was upgraded to teach mech.) Either origami or using a pyramid will teach you faster.

Bluefalcon
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/04/2006 02:47 PM CDT
Thanks for the info Blue...guess since Izzy is on Aesry I'll be picking up some origami supplies,and maybe a pyramid once I get back to the mainland.

Izzit

Asirin
Priest Of Meraud
---
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/04/2006 03:23 PM CDT
>> and maybe a pyramid once I get back to the mainland.

I dunno about Aesry, but Ratha sells Wayerd pyramids in the herbalist shop. If you're planning on being on Aesry a while, you could probably snag a pyramid or two the next time a MM opens a gate. <g>

-- Reike

>.run
[Script run is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/05/2006 07:44 AM CDT
Actually, I think I've seen pyramids in the herb shop on Aesry too. And I know they carry other alchemy supplies.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/05/2006 12:31 PM CDT
Also, isn't there still an origami shop on Ratha?

Gladiator Maulem~
[Lystid] Do you know the two most important words a married man knows?
>think Itwasn'tme, IsweartoKuniyo?

Come join the werewolf legions!
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=12199
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/05/2006 01:45 PM CDT
>Also, isn't there still an origami shop on Ratha?

Yup, but its missing plain envelopes, for some bizarre reason.
Re: Mech Lore Question 06/05/2006 03:31 PM CDT
I was gonna hold off on the pyramid since it would impede my ability to carry all the hides I'm workin on tannin,and my tannery...er...I mean vault...is in Theren. What Id like to do is have the thing out while I'm in my tannin spot cleaning,curing,or tanning hides since I'm typically there for long periods of time.

Then again,if I end up movin to Aesry like I've been threatening,I'll just have the vault moved and it wont be a problem,but for now...I'll just sitck with origami.

Izzit

Asirin
Priest Of Meraud
---
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page