Old Skills-New Uses 08/08/2005 10:43 AM CDT
I'd love to see boxes with locks that can be sung open, or played open with certain instruments. That's how I'd lock a box if I were a bard. Then again, maybe they need a lock spell to sing, first. There are plenty of unlockable doors out there someone might like to lock with such an enchante. I'd love to make a saddle with leather, but then again I'd love to see a saddle be worth something in the first place. It would be interesting to see new pieces of armor someone can forge that cover only a specific location, say arm, that fits over other types of armor. Hey, why don't shields protect the arm they are on? Does it really require skill for them to protect the arm they are on? I can remember whips that were fluff in the past. Couldn't they also be weapons? And what the lasso? Those silly ropes we make should be good for something. Perhaps the ability to tie someone up would fit in well with the justice system, and keep them from running away while you drag them to the magistrate. Not to mention, that would give an honest purpose for the escape skill. Just some ideas. They've probably been sounded before.

Q.
Re: Old Skills-New Uses 08/08/2005 02:38 PM CDT
I would love to see some ways to bind someone without doing damage.I have said that after we braid the vines we should be able to weave them in to a net.Lassos would also be great.

I also would love to see a bardic enchant that disarms boxes.though i doubt the staff would do it.Handling a horse should also teach animal lore.

The biggest flaw is that there are so many systems and not enough GMs to work on them all and flesh them out to their full potential.