mech lore 04/14/2003 11:07 PM CDT
had a couple questions about unlonchai buckets, and mech lore in general, and i couldn't find a folder that seemed to be directed towards the skill, so tell me if i'm in the wrong place here. but anyway, ever since the unlonchai buckets were changed, i've been having a lot of trouble learning mech lore. my first question is, does anyone know how many items can now be put into one bucket before it goes poof? also, does anyone know if it is possible to have more than one bucket, or will they go poof as well?

and a more general question, assuming buckets are no longer a viable way to learn mech lore, has anyone done any investigating into what method of getting mech lore works the best? i'm a 31st circle empath, with around 60 ranks (horrid, which is why i'm trying so desperately to train it), so it shouldn't be too hard yet the only things that seem to get it moving beyond pondering are crushcrushcrushing or using stones, and those just get so tedious...

any help would really really be appreciated.. MUST. LEARN. MECH. LORE.

~Raycha
Re: mech lore 04/14/2003 11:20 PM CDT
Crushing will work well, mixing potions, scraping skins, or have someone teach you enough of a bow skill to carve bows.

~Ascot, et al.
Re: mech lore 04/15/2003 12:15 AM CDT
Some notes in the buckets, and you can refer to Solomon's post on the topic...but I believe 5 items in a bucket and it won't break. 20 and it will...and everything inbetween is scaled in chances of grouchy elementals. Also there is a limit on number of buckets, 3 if i recall correctly.

For mech, my empath uses crushing primarily (at 160 in mech now and can still lock long as its not just post wall). Origami is another good mech alternate if you have the money for paper. See origami folder for more details.

Jalika
Re: mech lore 04/15/2003 08:45 AM CDT
>>Also there is a limit on number of buckets, 3 if i recall correctly.

4) The elementals will get jealous if you have more than 3 buckets, so if/when you do, there's a pretty good chance one will break.

And as to the number of items.

2) We will be adjusting the maximum number of items the bucket can handle from 30 to 20.

3) Added code to break the buckets 100% of the time that it meets or exceeds the maximum number of objects it can handle (i.e. 20), as well as a much smaller random chance to bust if more than 5 items are placed inside, with the breakage chance increasing to the aforementioned 100% once you hit 20 items. In short, the fewer the items you try to cram into the bucket, the less likely it will be to break. So, you can play it safe and limit your buckets to 5 items and you won't have any problems, or you can be a rebel.

Brabs

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/FatherJarle/index.html

What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine, what's not bolted down is mine, if it can be pried up it isn't bolted down.
Re: mech lore 04/15/2003 10:27 AM CDT
thanks for the replies! off to buy some buckets then <g> and i guess i'll be doing a lot more foraging and crushing.. maybe i can get someone to teach me bow, that'd be a nice change.
mech lore split 12/12/2010 09:30 AM CST
My main concern is when mech lore splits, will there be enough places to train the different skills? If everyone decides they want to be a weaponsmith, are there enough rooms where one can train weaponsmithing?
Re: mech lore split 12/13/2010 11:33 AM CST
The first forges for the Crossings and Riverhaven will have 5 spots for smelting and 5 spots for forging. Forges in other major cities will appear therafter with a similar amount of space. Beyond that, the plan is to allow for home and perhaps some form of portable forge design.

There will likely be some overcrowding upon release. Forging is more complicated then carving stone, which folks were doing 20-people to a room.... But in the long run I think we will be fine.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: mech lore split 12/13/2010 01:28 PM CST
Will the barb only one stay barb only?

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: mech lore split 12/13/2010 06:26 PM CST
Thank you. Love the idea of having a forge in your home.
Re: mech lore split 12/13/2010 06:42 PM CST
>Thank you. Love the idea of having a forge as your home

Fixed that. At least for me.

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: mech lore split 12/14/2010 05:44 AM CST
>Thank you. Love the idea of having a forge as your home

>Fixed that. At least for me.

Heh.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but what's going to happen (if anything) to existing forged items such as armor when this new system is all out? Meaning, since the requirements and skill to create will be based on Mech as opposed to armor skill, if an item forged by me (With a bunch more armor skill than mech) currently has X stats, but under the new system I would be incapable of creating such an item, does that affect anything or will existing forged items remain as is?

I really hope that question makes sense typed out...it does in my head!

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: mech lore split 12/14/2010 09:53 AM CST
will there be estate holder <premium> forges as there are now?

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: mech lore split 12/14/2010 01:37 PM CST
Existing forged items will remain as they are. We hopefully won't have to do any game-wide item conversions with this process.

We will likely have a Barbarian-only section of the Crossing forge. It is either that, or have a separate forge for Barbarians open later.

Forges can also have premium only areas, and we'll likely add some Premium only forges as time goes on.

Forges are becoming much more important to the game, so their exclusive nature will suffer in the short term, but reappear in the longer.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes