Perception 05/28/2002 01:16 PM CDT
Please make it possible to lower the rt on searches below 3 for survival primary guilds. It is silly that I could have any amount of perc. and hiding, and in the time it takes me to search and point out a person with a fraction of that skill, they could have already shot an arrow or a spell at me. It has been suggested, and makes a lot of sense, that thieves and rangers automatically see people in hiding upon entering a room, but that would be too much of a drain on the system. Make it so that thieves and rangers can train search to lower rts, maybe 2 at 200 and 1 at 300, and the problem will be solved. To prevent scroll searching, make it so that although the rt is one, you have to still wait 3-5 seconds in between searches. Similar to when you chant, you get time til next chanting.
Perception 11/20/2007 09:12 AM CST
Please give any one with enough perception the ability to observe the sun and moons and have more accurate information as to when they will rise and set and what phase they are in.

Someone decided to make such things impact foraging, a full race's form, what form certain creatures take, and stealth.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: Perception 11/20/2007 09:16 AM CST
>Please give any one with enough perception the ability to observe the sun and moons and have more accurate information as to when they will rise and set and what phase they are in.

I see this being more a scholarship thing, or a combination of the two.

Aveda's Field Guide
http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Hot hot hot scripts, Antique P5 maps, a macro tutorial, skill & stat training advice, and plenty of Bardly goodness.
Reckus 4 is out! Now with vocal support! 9/18/2007
Re: Perception 11/20/2007 05:34 PM CST
<<Please give any one with enough perception the ability to observe the sun and moons and have more accurate information as to when they will rise and set and what phase they are in.

You could always become a Moon Mage or a Ranger.

Stolas

The views expressed in this post are in no way endorsed by the Moon Mage guild or the Progeny of Tezirah sect ... but I am sure they will come around.
Re: Perception 11/20/2007 05:50 PM CST
I am a Ranger. We don't have this.

--Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: Perception 11/20/2007 06:19 PM CST
Well, you can observe the moon and it will tell you what phase it is in. If you can tell what time it is then you can tell when it will get dark or light. To be able to tell when a moon will rise ... get the moon calculator. It is a moon mage tool that was used prior to Astrology helping determine how long moons would be out.

Other than that ... become a moon mage.

Stolas

The views expressed in this post are in no way endorsed by the Moon Mage guild or the Progeny of Tezirah sect ... but I am sure they will come around.
Re: Perception 11/20/2007 10:37 PM CST
This is not a guild vs guild discussion.

We have an issue where there are things that have been introduced slowly over the last 5 or more years that make it important that those trying to use skills effected by these things have a way to perceive those things, accurately.

No, I'm not going to go reroll my ranger and make a moon mage so that my ranger can then tell when to go forage what wood ..... oh but then my ranger is gone. hmm. well that did not work. Lets not be stupid.

This is not guild vs guild. This is about illogical changes made assuming that people using the skills would in fact have ways to tell when they could do what, and guess what, the perception bit was never put in, and now the people who made those changes are gone along with all the assumptions they had made and we have half broken systems out there testing for things we can't see accurately.

And right now it is annoying me. I go through phases where I just don't care and phases where I find it annoying. Since I don't live where people are piled 10 to a room and someone is likely to be able to just check for me, I'd like the systems fixed please.

--Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: Perception 11/21/2007 09:37 PM CST
>>I'd like the systems fixed please.

Sometimes you just have to realize that your character will be hindered from certain actions that other guild(s) specialize in. If this changes as a result of your request, then good! But there's nothing broken here.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi