Shield damage appraisal 09/11/2013 03:10 PM CDT

>app shield
You are certain that it imposes extreme maneuvering hindrance.

This shield is large in size.

Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.

You are certain that the shield offers very poor to very good protection.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
very severe impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

You are certain that the shield is poorly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the tower shield is marginally vulnerable to damage, and is battered and practically destroyed.

The tower shield is made with metal.
It appears that the tower shield can be worn on the left arm.
You wonder if the tower shield might weigh a few hundred stones.
You are certain that the tower shield is worth exactly 30000 Lirums.
You sense a deep connection with the tower shield, as if it will be with you always.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

>look shield
The tower shield looks somewhat damaged.

So when I appraise it it shows me it is practically destroyed, but when I look at it is it somewhat damaged?

Is this right?

Bluntmaster Haammerstrike, Knight of Forfedhdar, Dwarf of Stone Clan
Re: Shield damage appraisal 09/11/2013 03:39 PM CDT
>>Is this right?

Yes.

The messaging you get when looking at gear has never been the most accurate. It could use some improvement. Gear that apps as "good condition" gear looks "slightly damaged" when you look at it, for example.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Shield damage appraisal 09/11/2013 06:39 PM CDT
So I would say it isn't right, it is just how it is. I assume the appraisal is the accurate one and I need to appraise my shield more often.
Re: Shield damage appraisal 09/11/2013 08:02 PM CDT
>>I assume the appraisal is the accurate one and I need to appraise my shield more often.

My suggestion is to get your gear repaired once you see it as "slightly damaged" in the look. That's when it's in the "good condition" range which is when penalties start to show up.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.