Transfer Shrines From One Pilgrim's Badge to Another 05/14/2011 02:47 PM CDT
The fancy pilgrim's badges that are sold at The Crystal Pilgrim made me wish that I could transfer my shrine record from my plain pilgrim's badge to another badge. (It would take many hours to revisit every shrine.)

Obviously, the ability to transfer your shrine record would have to be limited to badges that are bonded to you to prevent people from transferring their shrine records to other people's badges.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Transfer Shrines From One Pilgrim's Badge to Another 05/29/2011 05:33 PM CDT
Love this idea.

Madigan
Re: Transfer Shrines From One Pilgrim's Badge to Another 06/02/2011 03:08 PM CDT
I'd love to be able to do this with Kadosh. he has the shrine from before the crossing temple was rebuilt on his badge, and that makes it irreplaceable. :-)
Re: Transfer Shrines From One Pilgrim's Badge to Another 06/03/2011 06:50 PM CDT
That is completely awesome to have something from before the Gorbesh War.
Re: Transfer Shrines From One Pilgrim's Badge to Another 06/03/2011 07:36 PM CDT
I always thought it would be cool to have limited time type shrines pop up on occasion, would make badges more unique if you could collect the various imprints. Some sort of makeshift shrine during an invasion for example...

I've never been a fan of any sort of card collecting system (in any game), but I've always enjoyed the pilgrim badge system for some reason.
Re: Transfer Shrines From One Pilgrim's Badge to Another 06/03/2011 07:44 PM CDT
it wasn't before the gorbesh war- it was shortly thereafter. when the original temple was destroyed, this item appears on my badge.

The ruins of The Crossing's High Temple. The shrines i have on there appear thus:

>look at my pilgrim badge
Your badge resonates with a holy energy tied to your spirit.
You have pilgrimaged to the following shrines:
The Crossing's Clerics' Guild Chapel, devoted to Hodierna and Kertigen.
The shrine at Eluned's Pool.
The ruins of The Crossing's High Temple.
Kuniyo's stone altar at the Forest's Path's End.
The shrine of the Huntress in a dark thicket.
The shrine of Tamsine's Rest.
The altar to Albreda at Tiger Clan's church.
Damaris' altar near Kaerna.
The shrine of Harawep in Riverhaven.
The shrine to Saemaus in the Handfaster's Glade.
The shrine to Glythtide in Arthe Dale.
Therenborough's Village Chapel.
The shrine to Ushnish in the Crossing.
The shrine to Kertigen in the Crossing.
The shrine to Lemicus in Halasa Temple.
The shrine to Eluned in Halasa Temple.
The main altar in Halasa Temple, Aesry Surlaenis'a.
The altar of the dark aspects in Ratha.
Hodierna's Sanctuary, Ratha.
Phelim's Temple, Ratha.
Urrem'tier's Scorpion, Ratha.
Faenella's Temple, Ratha.
Everild's Temple, Ratha.
Damaris' Temple, Ratha.
The shrine to Glythtide, Ratha.
Kertigen's Temple, Ratha.
The shrine of Drogor, Aesry Surlaenis'a.
The chapel in Steelclaw clan.
Chadatru's Chapel in Theren Keep.
The altar at Misenseor Abbey.
The altar at Kilth Aldiyaus.
The Ve Aevan Gaenan High Altar.
An ebony altar in a secluded shrine on the Darkmist Moor.
Berengaria's altar in Rossman's Landing church.
The altar in Ker'Leor, Zindalyi Lyba.
The Temple of Hav'roth, Muspar'i.
A battered altar construct in Muspar'i, Golden Heights.
The Clerics' Guild Chapel in Mer'Kresh.

I'm probably missing a few. eventually i'll get 'em all!

kadosh-
>
Re: Transfer Shrines From One Pilgrim's Badge to Another 06/03/2011 07:58 PM CDT
>>Discoteq21: I've never been a fan of any sort of card collecting system (in any game), but I've always enjoyed the pilgrim badge system for some reason.

If visiting the shrines didn't have a beneficial effect (soul state boost), I wouldn't bother.

Re: Transfer Shrines From One Pilgrim's Badge to Another 06/06/2011 06:49 AM CDT
I like the system even without the benefits. it gave me incintive to go out and look for new places and find out the lore involved. i have filled out badges with a number of characters now <although admittedly not with all the shrines. > Mostly clerics and paladins, but I also filled out for a thief, and -- interestingly enough a necromancer. That last one gave me an incintive for really getting angry with urrem'tier, after his avatar blew off her arms for trying to get his statue underneath the zaulfang. here she was being all contrite and repentive, and she gets her arms blown off, and he blows up her badge in the process. :). Nothing like divine love.

Collect cards as well on various chars. sometimes it helps to reference historical personalities. Only have coin dira collections on my traders and thieves.
Re: Transfer Shrines From One Pilgrim's Badge to Another 05/01/2017 09:27 PM CDT
Bumping an old suggestion from 2011: I think you should be able to transfer the shrine record from one pilgrim's badge that is bonded to you to another pilgrim's badge that is bonded to you.

Many Paladins and Clerics have plain "pilgrim's badges." They might like to upgrade to one of the fancy badges sold at festivals without having to redo an entire pilgrimage. (Some badges have legacy shrines that you can't access anymore.)

The transfer would only work between two badges bonded to you in order to prevent people from transferring their shrine records to other people's badges. (You should have to do the pilgrimage yourself.)

Re: Transfer Shrines From One Pilgrim's Badge to Another 05/01/2017 11:10 PM CDT
>>I think you should be able to transfer the shrine record from one pilgrim's badge that is bonded to you to another pilgrim's badge that is bonded to you.<<

I agree. I had and ordinary pilgrim's badge, but then I won a nicer silk pilgrim's badge when playing god trivia down in Shard for a Shard altar tour event. I still haven't caught up my newer pilgrim's badge to where the old one is.

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Bertrand Russell
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=love