I saw some beads on the empath donation shelf that say they give <element> glamour. What is an element glamour? 09/03/2018 04:38 PM CDT
Like the niniam dragon bead gives a fire element glamour. I've been trying to look up what a glamour is or does and there appears to be little to 0 information about the subject, at least where I have been looking (enchanting system, etc).

So what does an Elemental Glamour do?

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: I saw some beads on the empath donation shelf that say they give <element> glamour. What is an element glamour? 09/04/2018 06:44 PM CDT
I think its this...

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Glamour

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: I saw some beads on the empath donation shelf that say they give <element> glamour. What is an element glamour? 09/04/2018 06:51 PM CDT

I appreciate your attempt, but that page primarily describes the Outfit Glamours from the End Loot of the Sleeping Dragon Corn Maze, like the Shimmering Outfit.

These Glamours are seemingly a product of the unreleased Enchanting crafting system.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Re: I saw some beads on the empath donation shelf that say they give <element> glamour. What is an element glamour? 09/04/2018 08:51 PM CDT
The dragon bead, at least, has descriptions on the Elanthipedia page.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Niniam_bead_carved_to_resemble_a_soaring_dragon

RUB:
You rub your thumb across the bead, igniting a ball of flickering orange flames in your hand.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
FOCUS:
You take the bead in your hands and focus carefully upon it.
You sense a matrix formed using Elemental mana, commonly referred to as the Fire Glamour Trinket enchantment. The enchantment appears masterfully-crafted, : has good potency, is very simple, and is abstract. The matrix originally supported 49 charges, and has <number> charges remaining.
You believe this item can be activated with rub.

Some of the other ones don't have the focus messaging, but do have the rub, like the snowbeast bead. https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Indurium_bead_cast_to_resemble_a_charging_snowbeast

RUB: You rub your thumb across the bead, covering your hand in snow.

That appears to be what they do, make a magical special effect.

- Miskton
Re: I saw some beads on the empath donation shelf that say they give <element> glamour. What is an element glamour? 09/04/2018 09:26 PM CDT

I saw that, but it didn't really explain much. It makes a tiny fireball in my hand. What do I do with it. Its not an Elemental Flare I guess. Do I juggle it? Do I eat it? If I hold a weapon will it make the weapon look flaming but not actually had fire damage?

Re: I saw some beads on the empath donation shelf that say they give <element> glamour. What is an element glamour? 09/04/2018 09:47 PM CDT
If someone has made more thorough use of these they can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's just what you see. It seems to be just a verby magical item, probably intended to be consumable as glamours will likely eventually be something for us to churn out through the enchanting system.

- Miskton
Re: I saw some beads on the empath donation shelf that say they give <element> glamour. What is an element glamour? 12/04/2018 05:01 PM CST
>>If someone has made more thorough use of these they can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's just what you see.

This is correct. Glamours are essentially magical special effects. Some glamours can also grant (very) minor skill boosts.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.