Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/27/2016 11:38 PM CDT
think i read of one i think on elanthipedia, but that it'd stop being blessed if it ever hit something not undead, something something.

Are there any naturally blessed/will hold a blesslonger/will hurt the undead weapons available out there?

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/28/2016 01:07 AM CDT
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Weapon:White_steel_Berengaria_dawnblade

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Weapon:White_steel_Alamhif_dayblade

Perma-blessed weapons. To my knowledge these are incredibly rare and limited to auctions.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Weapon:Bronze_statue

Example of an item anyone can use to provide blessings to their weapons. There are more than just this one, but they are generally related to Quest prizes, Hollow's Eve gift, stuff like that.

If your character is a magic user, temporarily memorizing a Bless scroll and practicing some sorcery should be the easiest route for you by far.
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/28/2016 04:36 AM CDT
a little googling shows someone selling the awesome permanently blessed (thanks for the idea using permanent bless as a search term) brawling set are... in circulation, and i see that there was a time when indeed a person could get a cleric weapon permanently blessed..

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/28/2016 04:39 AM CDT
About how many ranks of Sorcery are needed to cast Bless at a usable level? It depends on your native magic type?
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/28/2016 05:50 AM CDT
> About how many ranks of Sorcery are needed to cast Bless at a usable level? It depends on your native magic type?

My problem with all combat related sorcery is that the penalty is fairly severe. If you blow up your hands in combat then you are very likely to lose the weapon you're holding. If there was a STOW option that allowed you to scoop something up without hands or use herbs without hands then it would be much less of a risk.
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/28/2016 06:41 AM CDT
Well as an Empath caster I was hoping to overcome any....negative effects without too much trouble.

If I'm going to need like 500 ranks of Sorcery to even cast the spell effectively (whether or not I blow up limbs) then I'll just give up on the idea now though.
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/28/2016 06:48 AM CDT
>>If I'm going to need like 500 ranks of Sorcery to even cast the spell effectively (whether or not I blow up limbs) then I'll just give up on the idea now though.

Bless is Intro, natively 0-400 ranks to cast. Sorcery would push it to Basic (Generally 10-600 ranks). With modest sorcery, like training via a rune for 50 ranks, you could likely cast the spell at lower mana without oodles of difficulty. That said, you ARE mixing life and holy, which is the nastier of combos out there, so WHEN it explodes (and it will), it could suck. Luckily, being a fairly easy spell I doubt you'd see (often) the really high end backlashes, and as an Empath could easily recover from the lower end ones without much issue.

Samsaren
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/28/2016 06:56 AM CDT
Excellent information, thank you Samsaren. I'll keep staring at those runestones then!
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/28/2016 09:50 AM CDT
I'm trying to remember if the curved Aldauth scythe-blade was permanently blessed or not. I know clerics loved it but can't remember why. Unluckly if it is, I sold mine a couple years back cause it just sat in my vault.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/28/2016 10:03 AM CDT
>>I know clerics loved it but can't remember why.

I think it was really just because it was called an Aldauth scythe-blade.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/28/2016 02:18 PM CDT
>I'm trying to remember if the curved Aldauth scythe-blade was permanently blessed or not. I know clerics loved it but can't remember why. Unluckly if it is, I sold mine a couple years back cause it just sat in my vault.

It wasn't blessed, it's just cool. A lot of players go for the Cleric route when they want to play Inquisitor-types since Dark Paladins aren't really a thing that is mechanically supported.
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/30/2016 07:51 PM CDT
I had one of these before on one of my old characters. I got the old character back which had it but it didn't have the scythe blade anymore. I could of sworn it was perma blessed though. Or if not a blessed property, it had the ability to hit undead creatures.
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 09/30/2016 10:52 PM CDT
>I had one of these before on one of my old characters. I got the old character back which had it but it didn't have the scythe blade anymore. I could of sworn it was perma blessed though. Or if not a blessed property, it had the ability to hit undead creatures.

That's what I thought I remembered too. It wasn't so much a RP thing as that it could hit undead creatures without casting bless on it. It's been too many years though to remember for sure.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 10/01/2016 12:40 AM CDT

Also, do Holy weapons, like ritual foci, hold a bless longer than non Holy weapons? I've a holy foci staff and it seemed to hold a blessing twice as long as a normal forged steel dire mace...

Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 10/01/2016 12:06 PM CDT
no

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 10/03/2016 12:39 AM CDT
OH!! And i'd entirely forgotten about the alabaster flask, the thing that you can pour onto weapons to bless, and its recharge! Wouldn't mind one of those thats for sure..

Re: Naturally Holy/Blessed Weapons/Weapons that hold blessings longer 10/03/2016 10:17 PM CDT
there's also an old s'kra scimitar that was sold many years ago (2000ish) that was permanently blessed. It came out in a fest way back in the day when fests were rare