Ranger spell proposal: Bloom (healing) 03/08/2021 10:04 AM CST
In short, this signature spell would consume held remedy materials to rapidly heal wounds (and scars with sufficient skill and/or additional meta-magic).

* The potency of the healing effect is based on mana and the quality of the material.
* At higher mana levels, material can be consumed from both the right and left hands at the same time.
* When the spell is cast, there is an immediate large heal followed by several smaller pulses.
* External healing materials also heal internal wounds with reduced efficacy, and vice versa.
* Scar healing is possible above a specific mana level, or unlocked by an additional meta-magic.
* The spell could have requirements related to wilderness level/bonus.
Re: Ranger spell proposal: Bloom (healing) 03/08/2021 12:17 PM CST
This is a cool idea but it's sounds a lot like what DEVOUR does with harvested materials, and if it only requires remedy materials vs the finished remedies themselves, it seems like you can effectively self-heal as long as you have the outdoorsmanship required to effectively forage for something regardless of what room you're in.

Maybe a spell that boosts the effect/duration of any finalized remedies you consume during its effect (vs the raw materials)?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ranger spell proposal: Bloom (healing) 03/08/2021 12:41 PM CST
Yeah, basically Ranger Devour with herbs. Having to craft the remedies first would really defeat the purpose of the spell.
Re: Ranger spell proposal: Bloom (healing) 03/08/2021 01:19 PM CST
A spell that did require finished remedies would still serve a purpose. It wouldn't let you mimic an Empath or Necro's ability to heal in the field with no prior prep, but removing or heavily truncating the "over time" part of remedies healing over time is a much more reasonable ask, which could still easily be helpful. I would actually like to see something like that, and I think it makes sense for Rangers via life mana, signature or not.
Re: Ranger spell proposal: Bloom (healing) 03/09/2021 12:58 AM CST
>>Yeah, basically Ranger Devour with herbs.

Unless it did something like injure your wilderness bonus, it seems a bit overpowered, especially because outdoorsmanship lets you forage anything anywhere/anytime.

>>Having to craft the remedies first would really defeat the purpose of the spell.

Being able to hypercharge how well your body processes remedies would be a pretty nice boost, without turning Rangers into drawback-free Empaths and/or Necromancers

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ranger spell proposal: Bloom (healing) 03/09/2021 06:24 AM CST
I like the style here. Should be a beseech, not a spell.

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Ranger spell proposal: Bloom (healing) 03/09/2021 06:52 AM CST
>>I like the style here. Should be a beseech, not a spell.

Agreed. Change Refresh beseech to heal.
Re: Ranger spell proposal: Bloom (healing) 03/09/2021 09:31 AM CST
>>I like the style here. Should be a beseech, not a spell.

Agreed.

>>Agreed. Change Refresh beseech to heal.

Why take away what you already have? No reason not to make something brand new so the folks who like the vit healing can keep it.

A brand new beseech that faux-enhances the solubility (a remedy's pulse rate) of a remedy while also reducing the potency (how well it heals) reduction per pulse would be neat.