Harness and Cyclic 05/09/2019 02:19 PM CDT
Could we get a feat similar to the camb feat to decide if harness is used for Cyclics or Spells?

Better yet, in my opinion, make it so that if you have raw channeling your harness mana is never used for cyclics. I can't think of a single reason you would harness mana for a cyclic when you have raw channeling.
Re: Harness and Cyclic 05/09/2019 03:09 PM CDT
>>Better yet, in my opinion, make it so that if you have raw channeling your harness mana is never used for cyclics. I can't think of a single reason you would harness mana for a cyclic when you have raw channeling.

Agreed.

Another QoL change I've been thinking about is excluding your cyclic from RELEASE by itself. Would this be undesirable to anyone?

GM Grejuva
Re: Harness and Cyclic 05/09/2019 03:58 PM CDT
>>Another QoL change I've been thinking about is excluding your cyclic from RELEASE by itself. Would this be undesirable to anyone?

I can see it going either way (when a mob dies and I want to release my TM or debilitation spell, I sometimes accidentally release my cyclic when getting rid of it, but I also turn off USOL with release when going into town and can see myself forgetting it had a special toggle and WHOOPS!), but having it as a setting/option would be appreciated.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Harness and Cyclic 05/09/2019 04:09 PM CDT

I've gotten into the habit of not doing release anymore. Always release spell, mana or cyc, so it wouldn't be undesirable to me but wouldn't affect me either :D

Also glad to know that you agree on the harnessing!
Re: Harness and Cyclic 05/09/2019 04:40 PM CDT
I use release spell in all my scripts and while hunting manually, but I use RELEASE by itself specifically to drop my cyclic before going into town. I think removing the cyclic from release would be a good change though.

I hate when I forget and just use release while hunting and drop my cyclic during combat.

-Master Ndin
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ndin
Re: Harness and Cyclic 05/09/2019 04:47 PM CDT
>>Another QoL change I've been thinking about is excluding your cyclic from RELEASE by itself. Would this be undesirable to anyone?

I would appreciate this.

- I
Re: Harness and Cyclic 05/09/2019 05:08 PM CDT
<<>>Better yet, in my opinion, make it so that if you have raw channeling your harness mana is never used for cyclics. I can't think of a single reason you would harness mana for a cyclic when you have raw channeling.>>

There should still be a way to send it to the cyclic if you want to. That can be a pretty good way to train Attunement, so there's at least one reason.

While we're talking about Cyclic QoL mana management stuff though, any chance cambrinth can be fixed so that it continues to honor the number of mana you've told it to go to cyclic spells even after you recharge it? Currently it automatically goes back to taking as much as it can whenever you charge the item again, which isn't awesome.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Harness and Cyclic 05/09/2019 06:07 PM CDT
>>I sometimes accidentally release my cyclic when getting rid of it, but I also turn off USOL with release when going into town and can see myself forgetting it had a special toggle and WHOOPS!), but having it as a setting/option would be appreciated.

Fair. We'll make it a TOGGLE.

>>There should still be a way to send it to the cyclic if you want to. That can be a pretty good way to train Attunement, so there's at least one reason.

I think we can sacrifice that. We've been wanting to tone down Raw Channeling's appeal anyway, and this seems like a palatable tiny step for now.

>>While we're talking about Cyclic QoL mana management stuff though, any chance cambrinth can be fixed so that it continues to honor the number of mana you've told it to go to cyclic spells even after you recharge it? Currently it automatically goes back to taking as much as it can whenever you charge the item again, which isn't awesome.

I'll peek.

GM Grejuva
Re: Harness and Cyclic 05/10/2019 07:05 AM CDT
>>There should still be a way to send it to the cyclic if you want to. That can be a pretty good way to train Attunement, so there's at least one reason.

What made me bring this up is actually training Attunement. I don't use cambs for training arcana. I use sansowret. For casting spells I harness instead and train attunement. I haven't powerwalked in, I don't know how long. It's annoying though when you're harnessing and the cyclic gobbles your mana.
Re: Harness and Cyclic 05/12/2019 06:27 AM CDT
>What made me bring this up is actually training Attunement. I don't use cambs for training arcana. I use sansowret. For casting spells I harness instead and train attunement. I haven't powerwalked in, I don't know how long. It's annoying though when you're harnessing and the cyclic gobbles your mana.

So much this. I've never wanted harnessed mana to go to a cyclic. I want it to contribute to the spell I'm about to cast, almost always for training purposes.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Harness and Cyclic 05/14/2019 03:59 AM CDT
Just chiming in to say that I loathe it when my cyclic steals harnessed mana. I harness to train Attunement, not to feed the cyclic! Yes, you all agree already, just wanting to be heard. :)

As far as using RELEASE vs. RELEASE CYCLIC -- much as I am used to just RELEASE to drop my cyclic, it makes sense to separate these. It might be nice if there were another single-word command so I don't have to type two words. Yes it matters. E.g. RELEASE for spells and DISSOLVE for cyclic, or something. Or even better, make RELEASE work for cyclics but only when there's no spell being prepared, just a cyclic up.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald