1 3 Next Next_page
Re: MM barrier spells... *NUDGE* 06/04/2004 10:57 AM CDT
>>And yet is fine with a MM doing faint scuffs with a targeted spell that is fully targetted against an unconscious WM holding 30 mana for AC with less than 1/2 of the evasion of the caster's TM.

Yes it is ok because you did manage to get the war mage unconscious, when you're facing SoD + shear you can't even get that accomplished, killing someone who's lying down passed out and twitching (which is what MB does) should be cake for anyone.

Mord
Re: MM barrier spells... *NUDGE* 06/04/2004 11:07 AM CDT
<<Well, you know what, since I already know Porm got through my Shear + SoD, and because you are also a whiny little girl, I am no longer going to go out of my way and travel to find someone to test it.>>

why would you want to test it anyway? you'd end up with the same results i had, especially if the attacker is less skilled.
Re: MM barrier spells... *NUDGE* 06/04/2004 11:32 AM CDT
and then if the results were the same as mine you wouldnt post it :P
Re: MM barrier spells... *NUDGE* 06/04/2004 04:14 PM CDT
it seems your hole to do thing is that snap casted (or at least not fully targeted spells) can't get thru sod+shear. why don't you try targeting them?

in character verus critter set up, each cast the critter does is fully targeted, they do not snap cast. only in CvsC do you find snap casting against barrier spells. DR is not built for CvsC/PvsP.

you can't agrue something is overpowered because you can't blow thru with snap casts. i have no doubt if you do fully targeted, the moonie would be toast.

askewing your tests shows your intent Linkzy.

brandon

Heck no, that would ruin my destruction of the guild. I'll be aiming for the trash that everyone throws out.

GM - Talian

IRL if i'm fighting a narcoleptic and they fall asleep midway through. The fight is over.

Rebwolf
Re: MM barrier spells... *NUDGE* 06/04/2004 04:32 PM CDT
<<you can't agrue something is overpowered because you can't blow thru with snap casts. i have no doubt if you do fully targeted, the moonie would be toast.>>

once again refer to the post of the mmvsmm test where a fully targetted 35 mana do at 300 tm and 840 pm is totally blocked by the mm with 135 evasion, thanks
Re: MM barrier spells... *NUDGE* 06/05/2004 02:06 AM CDT
>in character verus critter set up, each cast the critter does is fully targeted, they do not snap cast. only in CvsC do you find snap casting against barrier spells. DR is not built for CvsC/PvsP.

CvC (or PvP...same thing) is the best way to compare skills, stats, and mana. Using creature appraisals is an approximation.

Tessaa
Re: MM barrier spells... *NUDGE* 06/05/2004 02:10 AM CDT
>once again refer to the post of the mmvsmm test where a fully targetted 35 mana do at 300 tm and 840 pm is totally blocked by the mm with 135 evasion, thanks

ugh, too much info to remember. <shrug>

aite, you got a point there... let me ask this, what does evasion have to do with the magic contest? won't evasion only be factored in if the spell got past the barrier spells? aren't the magic barrier spells done in the magic contest that occurs?

If evasion was checked first, then you could possible see people straight out evading the spell before the barrier spell takes effect? have you ever seen anybody flat out evade a spell that had a barrier spell up?

brandon

Heck no, that would ruin my destruction of the guild. I'll be aiming for the trash that everyone throws out.

GM - Talian

IRL if i'm fighting a narcoleptic and they fall asleep midway through. The fight is over.

Rebwolf
Re: MM barrier spells... *NUDGE* 06/05/2004 07:20 AM CDT
Let me mention again, as people seem to be ignoring it

Unless I am mistaken, you will not be hit by chain lightning, whatever the TM of caster, if you have a discharged ES on you. A discharged ES is a barrier spell that renders you completely immune. It is a great defensive buff and, thankfully, can be cast on others.

Shear is a defensive barrier spell, that can block most spells, but it is weakened by each spell cast at it.

They are barrier spells, that's what they do. 700 tm won't make a difference against the discharged shield, let alone the evasion of the target, why would you expect shear to be different. Because it's a moon mage spell and you play WM primarily? If that ain't the reason, it sure sounds like typical GvG drivel

There are spells to cast at the shear that will weaken it significantly, without the caster getting the backlash stun. There is a contest and if you completely outclass the character with the shear, you will get through it, as has been the case with the TF-style GMPCs getting through Redfers' max shear

Redfers
Re: MM barrier spells... *NUDGE* 06/05/2004 08:17 AM CDT
<<If evasion was checked first, then you could possible see people straight out evading the spell before the barrier spell takes effect? have you ever seen anybody flat out evade a spell that had a barrier spell up?>>

if i remember correctly this is how it used to work... if the target dodged ur spell you wouldnt hit their shear not sure if its still like this. i'll do a quick test

this is with sod and shear on the defender and casters attack stanced at 0.

You gesture at Azazel.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges its power to aid your spell.
Several elemental fire shards fly at Azazel!

Your fire shard misses!
Your fire shard misses!
Your fire shard misses!
Roundtime: 1 second.
R>
>l az

You see Azazel Darkness, a Dwarf.
He has clear colored eyes. He is bald, with blue-veined skin.
He is young for a Dwarf.
He is clean shaven.
He has a tattoo of a whirling sword dancer with dual blades raised in fierce salute on his chest.

Azazel is surrounded by a shimmering globe of blue fire.

He has deep slashes across the chest area, gaping holes in the abdomen, deep slashes across the back.

He is wearing a leather sheath, a canvas sack, a pair of golden-winged sandals, some studded leather trousers, a leather cuirbouilli coat, a black cloak, a gold ring, a gold ring, a gold ring, a gold ring, some leather gloves, a dark leather mask painted with a demonic visage, a cambrinth armband curled into the shape of a sleek mongoose and a sturdy backpack.

<<Unless I am mistaken, you will not be hit by chain lightning, whatever the TM of caster, if you have a discharged ES on you. A discharged ES is a barrier spell that renders you completely immune. It is a great defensive buff and, thankfully, can be cast on others.>>

dont worry we've already complained about this on our boards, but on a side note while sd blocks our best spell sod and shear can block any spell.

<<There are spells to cast at the shear that will weaken it significantly>>

its dumb to have to CV or shadows someone when your offense spells should be more than enough to overwhelm their shear.
1 3 Next Next_page