Blessing 01/17/2007 08:05 AM CST
Not sure if this has been discussed before but I felt it was worth suggesting, can the bless spell be revised so it replaces an exisiting bless? It seems that it wouldn't be a terribly huge fix and would enhance the utility of the spell greatly. Instead of having the spell fizzle because there were 3 strikes remaining on a weapon, the new casting would replace with the old, charging it up to the number of strikes that would have been created by the new cast. Therefore: if a weapon had 3 strikes remaining and the caster would have blessed the weapon for 150 strikes, the new cast charges the weapon with 147 strikes to bring it up to where the new casting would have taken it.

I understand that stacking a weapon with potentially thousands of strikes is abusive, but having to run out in an invasion, burn off 3 charges and run back for a new bless seems to be a waste. This "fix" could work in reverse if desired to lower the number of charges if the new casting would create a number of charges that are less than the weapon currently contained.

An idea.
Cheers.
Re: Blessing 01/17/2007 11:06 AM CST
I asked some time ago if it would be possible for a new bless to replace the existing one. I was told that it wasn't, but that was a couple of gurus and a magic system ago.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Blessing 01/18/2007 07:58 AM CST
I have to chime in and say that this would be ahugely positive change.

Barring that, I'd be interested in the reasoning behind the way it works now.

-- Player of Ignatius