Spell Scrolls 03/03/2005 06:22 PM CST
Aren't your own guild's spells supposed to have reduced requirements?

You gesture at a scimitar.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges its power to aid your spell.
The Huldah's Pall spell fades from your memory.
The scimitar begins to glow faintly.
>mana
You have around half your normal attunement to the mana flowing through this area.
Attunement: [0%>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>50%_______________________100%]
Use MANA HELP for more.

That's just a wee bit ridiculous, especially since I needed near 200 scholarship to learn my own guild's spell.

GV
Re: Spell Scrolls 03/03/2005 06:28 PM CST
I don't think they do, i just know you can permanently learn a spell of your mana type and read the scrolleasier.
Ederick
Re: Spell Scrolls 03/03/2005 06:52 PM CST
they are easier to hold but not by much and some spells are rather rediculous as far as the amount required to hold them. Its more a problem with certain scrolls then it actually is a problem with the persons guild
Re: Spell Scrolls 03/04/2005 10:33 AM CST
My favorite rant. Other than first level spells, I doubt there is a single clerical spell scroll that the average cleric will have enough scholarship to use before reaching the point where they can have already chosen all of our spells.

Yep, I used one of my HP scrolls- used a scholarship CJ in order to invoke it. I think I managed to keep it for about 5 minutes before I lost it.

At the very least, the scholarship necessary to invoke a scroll from within your own guild should be reduced.

Flavius