Soldiers Prayer. 02/12/2005 07:03 PM CST
Hi Im posting to see if a GM can Please take a look at Soldiers Prayer for Paladins it seems to be a very buggy spell. It Protects sometimes and sometimes it dont on same spells. Other times it just dont protect at all that it should. Its a great Spell when it works. But really blows when it dont register. Here is a Log of my friend Casting BB at me. Previous BB it worked then all of a Sudden spell still up The BB went right Through like it was not there And caused alot more damage.

Ranger mutters under his breath at you.
Small globes of blue and orange light appear and dart upward like fireflies.
With a loud CRACK a massive oak tree breaks free and falls from above!
Your great helm is slightly damaged.
The oak tree lands a massive strike to your head!
>
You see Ranger start to back off just as you lose consciousness. The challenge has been satisfied!

Here is the power Percive and you Can see my spells up.

power
You reach out with your senses and see blinding streams of Holy energy coursing through the area.
You can sense that there is a little less mana to the west, and a bit less mana to the east.
You sense the Sentinel's Resolve spell upon you, which should last for about sixteen roisaen.
You sense the Holy Warrior spell upon you, which should last for about ten roisaen.
You sense the Clarity spell upon you, which should last for about seventeen roisaen.
You sense the Divine Guidance spell upon you, which should last for about eighteen roisaen.
You sense the Courage spell upon you, which should last for about eighteen roisaen.
*You sense the Soldier's Prayer spell upon you, which should last for about ten roisaen.*
You sense the Marshal Order spell upon you, which should last for about sixteen roisaen.
You have not exhausted your ability to smite your foes at all.
Roundtime: 6 seconds

You can see Soldiers Prayer was still up. If a Nice gm or mean =P or Any GM can please take a look at it would be Really Really apprecitated. Thank you =)

Rekon
Re: Soldiers Prayer. 02/12/2005 09:46 PM CST
I believe thats supposed to happen, after each pass it'll weaken.
Re: Soldiers Prayer. 02/13/2005 12:04 AM CST
Yeah Ederick it does weaken after each pass. But that one was a New cast. Also even if it weakens, it will make a green light when it actives on spells. It did not make the green light and did not activate on that cast. Even with the New Cast of Soldiers Prayer up.

Rekon
Re: Soldiers Prayer. 02/13/2005 11:43 AM CST
I can look into this briefly. Not sure why it would protect sometimes.

- GM Khentimentiu
Re: Soldiers Prayer. 02/13/2005 11:49 AM CST
That means you're in Team Magic, Khent?

~Aeth
Re: Soldiers Prayer. 02/13/2005 11:57 AM CST
>That means you're in Team Magic, Khent?

I help team Paladin with things, team Paladin helps me with things. I know magic better than them -- they know combat better than me :)

- GM Khentimentiu
Re: Soldiers Prayer. 02/13/2005 02:38 PM CST
Beam, thank you GM Khentimentiu =)

Rekon
Re: Soldiers Prayer. 02/14/2005 05:57 PM CST
alright now tin cans get your grubby chadatru worshipping hands off our GM he has work to do.

(that was totally in jest, I am glad that khenti help out other guilds cause it will lessen the blow when he steals their stuff)
Re: Soldiers Prayer. 02/14/2005 07:34 PM CST
Soldier's prayer does seem to have some messaging issues.

- GM Khentimentiu
Re: Soldiers Prayer. 02/15/2005 06:43 AM CST
SP also won't flash against spells like AE if someone adds a spell like swirling winds after SP is casted. Its effect is still felt, just no flash.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Soldiers Prayer. 02/21/2005 12:27 PM CST
the branch wasn't the spell? heh

think Can you hear me now?
think good!

Ravanos "I hate water" Covet Battlepriest of Everild