Not sure if this is the best place to post this or maybe I am just an idiot? 08/10/2004 02:42 PM CDT
Ok, here's a brief log

R>prep chs 12
You begin chanting a prayer to invoke the Chill Spirit spell.
]R>slic
< You slice a broadsword at a dark spirit. A dark spirit partially blocks with a shadowy shield. The broadsword flashes with a brilliant white light and lands a harmless strike to the spirit's back.
[You're incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
R>chop
< You chop a broadsword at a dark spirit. A dark spirit partially blocks with a shadowy shield. The broadsword flashes with a brilliant white light and lands a grazing strike to the spirit's back.
[You're incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
R>cast marauder chest
You gesture at a dark spirit.
Spidery tendrils of icy blue light swirl outward from your palms, darting toward a dark spirit!
The writhing tendrils strike a dark spirit benignly, billowing rapidly into a sheaf of ghostly fog around them.
>The gypsy marauder closes to melee range on you!
>The marauder becomes alarmingly quiet, his eyes averted as he listens carefully to the forest. After a moment he blinks, and turns his attention back to you.
>parry
>prep dr 1
You move into a position to parry.
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
Roundtime: 4 sec.
...wait 4 seconds.
R>Claws of mist tear away from the amorphous cloud of fog enwreathing a dark spirit, slashing violently at its body. It shudders inwardly, bearing no visible wounds, but seeming chilled to the bone.

With a violent pulse of radiant arctic light, the wraithlike claws take on a malevolent, dark shade. They spiral rapidly back through the air, tearing at your body as they soar by!
You shudder inwardly, your own spirit withering in response to the undead energy.
R>* A dark spirit jabs a slice of black shadow at you. You deflect the shadow with a broadsword.
[You're cold, incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]

Someone please tell me why the spell is defaulting to what I am facing? If it's not a targetted magic spell, (even if it still is) I should still be able to cast in on whichever critter I select; without <target marauder chest>, right?

Bambina
Re: Not sure if this is the best place to post this or maybe I am just an idiot? 08/10/2004 03:16 PM CDT
>>cast marauder chest

I think the problem is the 'chest' part. When you type something that it doesn't recognize after 'cast', it defaults to what you are facing. Since ChS isn't a targeted spell, it doesn't recognize body parts.

~Aeth
Re: Not sure if this is the best place to post this or maybe I am just an idiot? 08/10/2004 05:13 PM CDT
Leave it to me... thanks for the speedy response, Aeth.

Bambina