Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/21/2004 12:45 PM CDT
I think the clerics guild has been pretty patient. Really. For the better part of a year Skraal was silent and we were told that Resurrection needed to be completed before any other developement proceeded. Then we found out that Skraal was lost to us...and we limped on. We got a new GM, Heiu, a voice with passion and vigor, what 6 months ago? I think Heiu has great potential but it appears Resurrection has anchored him down also. Or is it DR2? And come mid July Heiu will have a significant personal distraction which I personally predict will limit his meaningful participation for a couple of months.

At the least the buggy spells that Cadderley pointed out should be fixed. Some plans need to be put into place on how the cleric guild will become a relevant magic guild. I think the current war is showplacing the limitations of the clerics guild.

Flavius
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/21/2004 07:12 PM CDT
Heyos,

With the RL circumstances surrounding Hieu (as he mentioned on the Cleric Boards), we're getting to things as fast as we can. The "Raise Monkey," or "Rob," or "The Bunny Hole," aka "Resurrection Rewrite," is rapidly getting completed. I have recently finished the initial technical portion of the Resurrection spell itself, all that remains is finishing messaging, final testing/tweaking, and then QC. Once "The Bunny Hole Anvil" is out from over our proverbial heads, I suspect Heiu will hit the ground running :). I, of course, will be helping out where I can as time and other commitments allow :).

~Valdrik

To deny one's impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human. -Mouse

http://www.livejournal.com/users/valdrik/

http://www.naebunny.com/TopFrameSet.htm
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/21/2004 07:19 PM CDT
Ressurection and Raise...? Can you give us a little info on what the difference is and how its supposed to work? Kinda curious with the recent events.

In the end all things return to Chaos
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/21/2004 07:51 PM CDT
Resurrection/Raise -- same thing :). And as for details, I'm going to hold off saying anything for now. While I'm taking care of the spell -- its still the Cleric Team's football.

~V

Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/21/2004 10:21 PM CDT
Ok, just the way you said it seemed to imply two different things.

In the end all things return to Chaos
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/21/2004 10:25 PM CDT
Valdrik, While i do appreciate the update. Is the nothing clerical being worked on besides resurrection? I mean it has been what two years since the magic rewrite and they have been working on resurrection that long....... I mean no disrespect but two years is a LONG time to deal with some of the serious bugs our spells have and clerics call "Holy Features" PFE don't work against critters it should work against, thus offerin no protection when it should be the best protection against the list of undead critters special attacks.

Revelation never got finished. It is only good for CvC it does not show any hiding critters but gives a LONG RT. I mean no disrespect but this is a spell slot for something an empath has as a natural ability and if it was an ability for a cleric to see someone in hiding with it, most of the time it would be a LOT less RT. AE has the bug with hiding. COZ has the bug with armor. COE is basically almost a joke and held mana to boot. Chill spirit is worthless for serious hunting at level. Cappin the spell out it is still useless because of the massive downtweak it recieved for CvC issues. Mal could use some serious looking into, if you cast it on a critter it drops the learning rate dramatically, even though our GM's have assured us in the past this was not the case. I can take a critter that i can learn a defense from cast mal on it, stand there and not learn anything, when it wears off i can basically lock the skill, cast mal on it again and wait for it to pulse down and I only start learning when the spell wears off. We lost the kneeling effect and the critter gettin the RT in the magic changes and now balance really means little or nothing and the spell is almost a joke.

AE needs a really hard look. It hits based on PM skill with target figured by TM skill. Even if it is like burn or whatever that moonie spell is. It is overpowered, has to many draw backs for casting, to long a prep time and and a lot of limitations but it still should not be the overpowered ubber kill spell that it is. It already has the advantage of being death from above thus ignorin two defenses parry and shield. with the spell i can nail someone with 100 ranks more evasion than i have TM and them with no hinderance or burden and set to dodge. Basically thanks for the offer of the ubber spell of death but it is just wrong. Clerics don't need a spell for the arms race, we just need the stuff we do have fixed and some decent new stuff.

bless caps out to low, MPP and MAPP neither one stack up really compared to the other magic prim defense spells. Halo is actually pretty inacurate now, i think some of the magic tweaks effected the formula for it. Before it was hittin decent with damage being reasonable. Now it seems to hit based on a really fast snap cast type fomula and it should be more accurate. I can miss death spirits with halo sometimes and I almost never miss them with a snap cast of harm evil. If i target at all I don't miss PERIOD.

I will stop now before i even bother tryin to point out other "HOLY FEATURES" not like we have not went over them till we are blue in the face.

Just A Cleric
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/22/2004 01:15 AM CDT
>>all that remains is finishing messaging, final testing/tweaking, and then QC.

QC hasn't even started yet? I thought Zabari said that every part of Raise was in QC a few weeks ago.

And since Heiu is going to be busy in RL during the next several months, will anyone else release the gorilla?
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/22/2004 01:42 PM CDT
Yes, it was stated that every part of raise was in QC. But this was right on the heels of Heiu telling the moonies that there was a neat little part of the raise quest for them, but it hadn't been approved yet, or have a GM volunteer to do it yet. So, really, it is hard to know just what they mean by stuff sometimes.

I'm not looking for raise, or anything else anytime soon. Even simu soon. When the war started I made the statement that raise would not be out until after the war. The
response was along the lines of "Wanna bet?". Maybe it's just my wishful thinking but with the war seeming to finally be winding down (or we can only hope!) it doesn't look like raise will be out during it. There have been other statements that I grabbed onto as little hints. (Blistering hot close! That was over a month ago) I'm not falling for it again. I have asked for blow by blow "where are we now" type information. But told no way can we be told exactly what is going on and where we stand.

What I would like is for raise to be completely turned over to other GM's. Let our GM work on us for a change. Let other guilds not get developed while their GM's work on raise for a while. Maybe it can get passed around yearly.

But I'm not bitter....

Telynn
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/22/2004 06:38 PM CDT
The Raise release is more than just the spell :). So it may very well be that every other part of the Raise release is in QC -- and we've just got to get the spell in once we get final testing/tweaking done to it. I'm unsure of the current QC status of all the rest of the Resurrection Taco -- I've only been involved in the coding of the spell. So I can accurately tell you about the spell, but not much else.

Getting the spell done is my top priority, and my turn around so far on the project since I got it has been slightly over a week. So its getting done. As for the slew of other things mentioned, all I can tell you is -- we'll get there. There are a lot of things that we'll be looking at, especially with DR2. A lot of bugs need squishing, so it may very well be that they get addressed then. It may seem like things are slow to you players at the momento, but trust me when I say that things behind the curtain are going super fast. A lot of us have extreme workloads on a high priority, and we're getting to things as quickly as possible.

~Valdrik

Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/22/2004 06:40 PM CDT
<<And since Heiu is going to be busy in RL during the next several months, will anyone else release the gorilla?>>

We'll get it out there ASAP hell and/or high water.

~V

Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/24/2004 02:58 AM CDT
::sigh::

Take three, then?

In all sincerety--best of luck, Valdrik.

On a slightly related note, who else of Team Magic is left to help things like this go live? We were one Tessima post away from knowing how the Dev setup stands (stood before that little exodus, at least), so maybe you can enlighten us as to how just a slice of Dev is holding up?

RP Uber Alles,
~I.B.
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/24/2004 07:20 AM CDT
I just can't believe that there isn't something being worked on or done for us. And no, I don't count raise as "for us". No spells, abilities, reqs or anything..... So when he does "hit the ground running" it will be months before any of that sutff is released. This is so incredibily wrong.

Telynn
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/24/2004 10:43 AM CDT
>I just can't believe that there isn't something being worked on or done for us. And no, I don't count raise as "for us". No spells, abilities, reqs or anything.....<

That is not what GM Valdrik said. That's not even CLOSE to what he said.

-GM Zabari
Cleric Liaison
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/24/2004 12:19 PM CDT
>Once "The Bunny Hole Anvil" is out from over our proverbial heads, I suspect Heiu will hit the ground running :). I, of course, will be helping out where I can as time and other commitments allow :).<

>As for the slew of other things mentioned, all I can tell you is -- we'll get there. There are a lot of things that we'll be looking at, especially with DR2. A lot of bugs need squishing, so it may very well be that they get addressed then.<

I guess it was his talking in future tense that threw me off. I apoloigize for making the assumption. May I ask what things are being worked on for us, besides raise? Maybe a little run down of it all will help with spirits a bit.

Telynn
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/24/2004 02:06 PM CDT
Heyos,

Another quick update. Initial coding and messaging with the Raise spell is now complete, and its test/tweak phase :).

Valdrik

Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/24/2004 05:57 PM CDT
Thank you Valdrik.

Telynn
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 05/28/2004 08:12 PM CDT
>I guess it was his talking in future tense that threw me off. I apoloigize for making the assumption. May I ask what things are being worked on for us, besides raise? Maybe a little run down of it all will help with spirits a bit.

>Telynn <

Soooo... I guess I made another wrong assumption. Maybe one of these days I will learn.

Telynn
Re: Any word on a time frame when team magic might have time to fix Cleric Magic 06/24/2004 04:37 PM CDT
How long has Chill Spirit been on preview? ::ducks and runs::

Daxy